COVID-19: Discussion of Impact šŸ˜·

2 Likes

ā€œCentre for National Resilienceā€ oh godā€¦

2 Likes

They quietly gave that name to Howard Springs when they announced they were expanding it some months ago. Tacky that theyā€™re going to use it for all the quarantine facilitiesā€¦

3 Likes

Sounds like some kind of propaganda centre.

3 Likes

QLD Update: Good news with zero local cases reported in last 24 hours. One in HQ. More cases, however, are expected to be found in the Indooroopilly cluster.

1 million extra Pfizer doses to begin landing in Australia tonight from a negotiation with the Polish government. So more vaccines on the way.

These for Australians 20-39 years old to the 12 LGAs of concern in greater Sydney.

3 Likes

So we now have to go to other countries and beg for their unwanted doses since our negotiations with Pfizer were totally hopeless because ScoMo stuffed up.

2 Likes

At the same time, we offload millions of doses of the other vaccine to our neighbours because we have too many Boomers in this country that think itā€™s an ā€œinferiorā€ vaccine - easy to sell our stupidity as being neighbourly

5 Likes

Iā€™m sure the good people of Poland gave us a cracker of a price too.

Melbourne might need a special order fairly soon also.

Other countries will probably crack onto this now. Sell some of our doses to Oz land for exorbitant amounts. Win win.

These will be short dated vaccines (hence the targeted rollout) - hopefully weā€™re not paying too much over what weā€™d pay Pfizer direct

1 Like
1 Like

My mum was telling me yesterday how there are stupid people in our family over 50 who still refuse to get AZ. ā€œWe are waiting for Pfizerā€. ā€œWhy should I be sacrificed for us to get out of lockdownā€ Neanderthal thinking and illogical arguments abound.

Both my parents in their late 60s have got AZ. Thereā€™s no convincing other moron boomers it would seem.

My youngest sister and her husband both in their mid 30s canā€™t find bookings for Pfizer so theyā€™ve just gone and got the AZ. Much more sensible.

5 Likes

Exactly what I did this week. AZ became available to my age group in Vic so I got it.

I know too many people my age ā€œwaitingā€ for Pfizer or Moderna and they are certain that they will still be fully vaccinated before me. There is no guarantee of that - firstly huge increases in supply are potentially still weeks away and even then there will be a rush so itā€™s likely bookings will be filled quickly and you may have to wait weeks more. Doses also will likely continue getting pushed out to 6 weeks.

Plus better to have more people with a dose now than less people with a dose. Everything helps and reduces risk. We are projected to hit targets somewhere in November. If a huge number of people get AZ these two weeks that guaranteeā€™s you will have both doses by then.

4 Likes

My aunty who is 65 refuses to get AZ. Itā€™s frustrating the lies she has believed from the media

3 Likes

Glad to see the new Pfizer going to young people. Good strategy as well as a good principle. I hope the vaccine snobbery from boomers goes unrewarded until the very end of the vaccine rollout.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not really fair. Itā€™s not snobbish. The public have been scared into thinking the vaccines arenā€™t safe. Itā€™s not their fault.

Ignorance shouldnā€™t be excused.

3 Likes

Hopefully the Pfizer vaccines weā€™re getting from Poland arenā€™t the fake versions that are (or at least were a few months ago when this BBC story was published) circulating in that country:

Theyā€™re reportedly coming direct from the Pfizer factory in Belguim - they were part of Polandā€™s allocation, but because theyā€™ve had issues getting people vaccinated they are surplus to requirements

4 Likes

Scomo said clearly they were on a plane from Warsaw via Dubai.