COVID-19: Discussion (2022 Onwards)

unfortunate but very very realistic. I wore a mask on Friday at a local shopping center here in Ballarat, because we apparently got another wave here in Ballarat , but this time the new variants. the looks i got in the shopping center made me very awarkd. so i took it off . so yes @David unless masks are mandated again, peope wont be wearing them

I would just ignore them, you obviously had a mask on for a reason.

People can decide if they want to wear masks, without any problems. I still wear my mask regardless.

2 Likes

There’s been a big increase in mask wearing in my local area (north east) and around work (inner north west() of Melbourne over the past few weeks. For the most part I do a risk assessment and choose not to wear one but carry one on me. Supermarket I don’t bother, butcher, bakery, chemist where it’s more enclosed and cramped I slip it on.

1 Like

We noticed this this weekend also.

I tutted a very loudly every time a silly woman next to me coughed without a mask on a flight yesterday. And I requested sanitisation wipes for my arm every time she sneezed.

And I’ll continue to do so until morons wear a mask when sick. THAT’S the new normal.

5 Likes

I assumed you wore a mask on the plane? KN95 rather than the surgical one is I what I would do.

This is probably more you being self conscious than people really giving looks. I don’t think many people would care less if someone is wearing a mask or not.

When I travelled overseas in September it was when most airlines were phasing out mask wearing. I think my first flight leaving Aus we had it on some of the time but from that point onwards (5 flights in total) you rarely saw anyone wearing a mask. I usually had it on me and was 50/50 based on how crammed the flights were or who was around me. I’m a bit in two minds as everyone unmasks to eat anyway, so if you are close to someone on a long flight with Covid bad luck will probably get you to regardless.

I did wear my mask overall travelling more than I do here though. At the moment I only really chuck it on if I’m on a packed train on my one day into the office but that’s really it.

When I think about it though I’ve probably only done 1 RAT test in the past 6 months as it was the only time I felt sick enough to do one. Now I’m more likely just to stay home till I’m better than worry if it’s covid or not. When I had covid at the start of the year my symptoms were minimal, so good chance I have had it again (or will have it) without knowing.

1 Like

not it wasnt. i was there . so i know people DID give me looks

1 Like

Indeed

https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/abc-health-expert-norman-swan-apologises-after-claiming-senator-kimberley-kitchings-death-was-linked-to-covid/news-story/13b7146f8b81905f79765faeaafa8aa8

Oh dear.

You can’t just dismiss his experience . Trust me I have it happened to me as I have started wearing my mask again. So I know very well what he experienced. He was there and he saw the looks he was getting and I had it happen to me too. Trust me there is some odd balls out there who do want to make you uncomfortable

1 Like

I can relate , i have had my fair sure of looks and abuse since I started wearing my mask again.

At what point is the ABC going to do something about Swan?

5 Likes

Interesting.

Sounds like bullshit to me.

2 Likes

Agreed, really dubious.

1 Like

why is the media calling this the 'Fourth Wave" there have been 6, the last two were also labelled the 4th. how many more 4th waves will we have before we refer to it as a 5th?

the original in March 2020
the second, predominantly in Vic in mid 2020
the limo driver wave in late 2021
the omicron wave in early 2022
the BA5 wave in July
and now this wave

could even say its the 7th if you include the BA2 wave in April this year.

Because … it’s the media. They think they know everything :grimacing::see_no_evil:

well nationally we are on our 5th wave . as the 2nd and 3rd point in ur post was state not national