Community Radio

Just a 15 minute segment though?

1 Like

Heā€™s going to love the Community Radio Codes of Practice!

7 Likes

Hmm, they may want to invest in some top KCā€™s just incase, lol.

1 Like

Thereā€™s some comments here that are way off the mark regarding Allan Jones at CoastFM, & I guess those making them donā€™t know the details. Thereā€™s quite a few similar comments in other industry forums from what Iā€™d say are people who hate Allan because heā€™s been more successful than they ever will be.

Allan is doing this for CoastFM for no payment as John Singleton has asked him to.

The way it works is listeners can email CoastFM (via a special email address) about any concerns they have about Central Coast issues, that they canā€™t get any traction or info on, to get the issues resolved or moved forward, Allan will investigate & push things using his contacts in various places heā€™s gained over the years & then report back via a pre-recorded ā€œAsk Allanā€ segment.

Anything contentious that might break any legal rules under any codes will not go to air, thereā€™s nothing live about this & itā€™s not really Allanā€™s opinion on things, itā€™s about him using his power & who he knows, to get things done on the Central Coast that no one else can get done.

3 Likes

I imagine his segment will be pre-recorded so they can edit anything if required.

2 Likes

Where is Alan Jones residing these days?
I thought it was Gold Coast?
Singoā€™s on the Central Coast isnā€™t he?

Iā€™m sure thatā€™s reassuring for the station.

2 Likes

Yes he just bought a house on the Gold Coast. Could see something similar popping up on 4CRB or possibly 94.1 Gold Coast as itā€™s a conservative hotspot.

4CRB used to run the Alan Jones comment back in the day and also currently airs highlights of Ben Fordhamā€™s show from 2GB.

2 Likes

The Gold Coast is for the newly wed and nearly dead (the Cold Ghosts).

4 Likes

Which would suit Jones perfectly as he is in ā€œthe nearly deadā€ category (heā€™ll be 82 next month).

4 Likes

With a target demo thatā€™s probably approaching a median age over 80, too.

Yeah not sure that stereotype is quite as accurate these days.

4 Likes

Indeed; the post was jocular. Itā€™s not quite Harrington Waters to be sure :slight_smile:

(Alan may find an audience on many a NSW North Coast station).

3 Likes

Where did I fit into that one before I moved hahaha

1 Like

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/doubts-over-future-of-the-national-indigenous-radio-service-as-funding-dries-up/news-story/e7ac595f8a838f19f76438c79d01045f

An Indigenous footy radio broadcast station may be forced to hang up the microphone just days out from round one after a call for help to the AFL was left unanswered.

The National Indigenous Radio Service broadcasts AFL matches into remote Indigenous communities around the country, with the station made up of almost entirely Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander commentators.

The station, who have hosted talent such as Gilbert McAdam, Andrew Krakouer, Nathan Lovett-Murray and Peter Keenan may not go to air this season after over 25 years of broadcasting after a lack of sponsorship and funding made it almost impossible to operate this season.

2 Likes

Much appreciated. It was fixed pronto :wink:

4 Likes
1 Like

https://twitter.com/darby_travers6/status/1637352461152432129?s=46&t=0cvx0O_eb9BdScEgyLG53g

3 Likes

Did someone forget to print the ā€˜rā€™ ? :joy:

8 Likes

How dare they call me a community station!

5 Likes

HA! That is gold
We had a few minor broadcast issues especially with crossing to the stage from the OB vanā€¦ Event MC Patrick Bonello was really good and dropped off his RodeCaster so I was able to have a 2 way connection into his earpiece at all times and he could hear when we would cross over.

3 Likes