Classic TV Listings

Today’s TV: 3 september 2008, Perth
Source: The West Australian

Nine broadcasted a ONe Day Cricket match between Australia and Bangladesh in Darwin. IIRC, Simon O’Donnell was the host of the Mid-Year ODI series when Australia took on Bangladesh.

4 Likes

Nicholas after 9 lost the rights worked for SuperSport in South Africa for a while, and now is president of the MCC (the English one).

2 Likes

There was a documentary they did in the wake of 'Sandpaper Gate" which he was on as was Shane Warne and Alan Border.

1 Like

Still does. Writes for a paper otherwise, appears sometimes on ICC/Star feeds and yes, focuses mainly on doing MCC work in the English summer now FTA rights in the UK are at the BBC. Also did some packages for Nine during the just gone Ashes.

Hasn’t he done work for Sky Sports Uk as well?

1 Like

A while ago, in the 90s yes.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 7 SEptember 2004, Perth

During the POst-Olympic Games, Ch 10 continued to show midday movies. I wonder whether the Jerry Springer show are falling behind episodes during the 3rd quarter of 2004?
Channel 7 aired a primetime DOND at 7:30 which is the Conflict of the Couples.

4 Likes

Close to 3 years behind by the time Ten axed it. The show was producing nearly 200 episodes a year so I think Ten were always falling further behind with each public/school holiday where they couldn’t show it.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 8 Sep 2004, Perth

4 Likes

Hot Property, Blue Heelers, Simpsons Marathon, McLeod’s Daughters.

2004 TV, eh?

2 Likes

Monday 8/9/1997 - Sydney

sourced from: Sydney Morning Herald (newspapers.com)

10 Likes

Back when morning TV was for the kids.

2 Likes

That was just days out from the Australian Embassy Bombings in Jakarta where the Security Agencies began to Track Down the Suicide Bombers Responsible for the Australian Embassy Bombing Blast.

3 Likes

Those radio guides take me back. John Doe on Triple M from memory was Byron Webb. “The Reclining Rocker” on One FM was Jason Bouman.

That whole lineup is solid.

1 Like

Kids programming followed by educational programs mid-morning. What the ABC used to be like

2 Likes

Just out if interested… was Catch Phrase filmed in Adelaide ?

Not that i am aware of.

Filmed at GTV?

Not sure, could have been Melbourne or Sydney.