Classic TV Listings

I wouldn’t know; I don’t watch FTA at all these days apart from certain sports events!

1 Like

I’m just going by the TV guides.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 29 April 2005, Perth
Source: The West Australian

4 Likes

I do like seeing assurances that Grounded For Life did in fact actually air on TV here.

4 Likes

albeit in what was back then “dead” timeslots. The Goldbergs ditto.

3 Likes

The Nanny and Seinfeld at midday was what I thought was the typical school holiday replacement for Jerry Springer, but Jerry never came back. RIP Jerry and his show on Ten.

13 Likes

I used to work in an office, and with Jerry Springer being on at lunchtime, that used to create a lot of discussion about whether it was appropriate for staff to be watching it in the lunch room on their breaks (in this age of cultural diversity, sexual harrassment etc).

4 Likes

That was 20-25 years ago though?

Sometime last year, I spent half a day watching YouTube videos from the shows and had an absolute blast.

3 Likes

It would have been around 2004 or so… but yes, but even then, that kind of politically correct office culture was around then.

4 Likes

Yes, quite right. I got in trouble for making a joke about one of my colleagues being outside having a smoke and someone overheard it. My colleague thought it was funny but someone else had other ideas.

3 Likes

Something else I wanted to ask about this guide but did Streetsmartz ever air over in the Eastern States?

Today’s TV: 29.4.1974, Melbourne

Source: Listener In-TV

3 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Today’s TV: 30 April 2007, Perth

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 30.4.1976, Brisbane and SE Qld

Source: TV Week

6 Likes

Today’s TV: 2.5.1985, Melbourne

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 3 May 2006, Perth

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 4.5.1981, Melbourne, plus the week on SBS

apologies for the page vandalism, courtesy of me as a 9yo :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I see you were a fan of Play Away.

I don’t think I was. I don’t really remember anything about it other than it being a BBC kids show. Maybe my brother contributed that bit of page graffiti. I’ll blame him

2 Likes