Classic TV Listings

There was a time when ATV0/10 had the rights to Looney Tunes around 1975 to 1988. That ended when GTV9 and the Nine Network began their output deal with Warner Bros in 1990.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 31.1.1982, Melbourne

Source: Woman’s Day / TV Day

2 Likes

Gosh that 0 logo is ugly, if I didn’t know what it was I would wonder WTF it stood for.

1 Like

it didn’t reproduce well in monochrome print but looked better in colour

2 Likes

Today’s TV:

1.2.1973, Melbourne

1.2.1983, Melbourne

1.2.1993, Melbourne

1.2.2003, Melbourne

1.2.2013, Melbourne

Source: TV Week

5 Likes

I think, correct me if i’m wrong, the 0 was supposed to represent transmissions on Channel 0.

Was that not obvious?

6 Likes

I’d love to see the original Temptation / Great Temptation, I don’t even think I’ve seen photographs.

1 Like

there are snippets online

YouTube: FrozenDoberman

And some in this 2018 interview with Tony Barber and Barbara Rogers

YouTube: Studio 10

2 Likes

I like that SBS kept using the globe logo even after shutting off their VHF transmitter.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 1 February 2008, Perth
Source: The West Australian

CHannel 9 broadcasted a T20 match between Australia and India at the MCG. In Regional WA, it was shown one hour earlier than Perth.
Although I was in overseas at that time, I believed that James Brayshaw was part of the T20 commentary at the MCG.

4 Likes

and i think that was around the time channel 9 had that afternoon show with looney tunes cartoons hosted by sophie lee

1 Like

It’s just “broadcast”, no “ed” needed, I keep seeing that in these threads.

4 Likes

Todays TV: 1 February 2005, Perth

Nine Perth screened the first two hours of the Pakistan-West Indies match (from the WACA), while WIN showed the entire match live.
Channel Ten showed new eps of The Jerry Springer Show from midday.

4 Likes

Not sure what Ten were thinking by replacing 6pm Simpsons with Sabrina. Didn’t last long.

Yep, but Ten were years behind by this point. Based on some of my recordings, they were showing episodes from 2002.

2 Likes

As the guides have shown it wasn’t the first or the last time that Ten tried to put anything other than The Simpsons in the 6pm slot only for it to fail and then have to go crawling back to The Simpsons.

todays TV: 2 Feb 2007, Perth

3 Likes

Father of the Bride, a constant go-to for movie repeats.

As is The First Wives Club, Ten loved that one as well

Coincidentally both star Diane Keaton.

1 Like

And it preceded a new Veronica Mars! BS from Ten!