Classic TV Listings

Today’s TV: 23 January 2009, Perth
Source: The West Australian

On that day, this was the end for game show, Temptation. Channel 9 aired this show at a special time at 11:30 am due to the summer of cricket. Ed Phillips contract has not been renewed.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 24.1.1981, Victoria

Source: TV Week

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 24 January 2005, Perth

3 Likes

Daywatch was also the name of Ten’s late morning/early lunchtime news bulletin which aired weekdays at 11.30am (AEST/AEDT) during 1986/87.

1 Like

Didn’t they also have a local afternoon news bulletins at 2.00pm around this time?

Today’s TV: 24 January 2006, Perth

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 26 January 2006

Interesting to note there was a 30 min break at approx 10:30pm during the Australian Open on 7 and resumed just after 11pm.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 26 January 2009, Perth
SOurce: The West Australian

I noticed that Channel 9 aired the news at an earlier time at 4:00 PM due to the One Day INternational Between Australia and South Africa at Adelaide Oval. I believed that Shane Warne commentated the match (I didn’t watch the match as I was in overseass)

5 Likes

Presumably Seven was delaying the tennis semi-final into Perth - which I can see why they would’ve when digital [edit: digital multi-channel] TV and making sure it’s “live everywhere” wasn’t a thing - but that would have also let them slot in a convenient time (between sets or at least games) to let them fulfil their City of Perth contract to show the Aus Day fireworks. Smart.

3 Likes

Today’s TV:

27.1.1959, Melbourne

27.1.1979, Melbourne

Source: TV Scene

27.1.1990, Melbourne. Includes the debut of Saturday Disney and Video Smash Hits on Seven

3 Likes

Saturday Disney was a great show back in the day. A shame it would become a victim of timeslot changes in its later years.

1 Like

Todays TV: 27 January 2010, Perth
Source: The West Austrlaian

2 Likes

I knew the Commonwealth Games was in an early slot that year, but for some reason I never thought the games had that many prime time (in Australia) sessions.

Todays TV: 28 January 2005, Perth

Channel 9 broadcasted a ONe Day Cricket Match between Australia and the West Indies during the morning and afternoon.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 28.1.1962, Melbourne

Source: TV Times

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 29 January 2007, Perth

Two new game shows premiered on that night with the Rich List (with ANdrew O’keefe on Channel 7) and 1 vs 100 (with Eddie McGuire on Channel 9.)

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 31.1.1958, Melbourne

Source: TV-Radio Week

3 Likes

Amazing how Nine had Looney Tunes and Seven had Disney in Melbourne. This content agreement lasted for over 50/60 years between the two stations.

4 Likes

back in the 70s at least in sydney nine had disney (6.30pm sundays) and seven had looney tunes (usually around 4.30/5pm weekday afternoons)

I believe that may have been from the old GTV/ATN and HSV/TCN agreements?