Classic TV Listings

Today’s TV: 24.1.1981, Victoria

Source: TV Week

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 24 January 2005, Perth
Source: The West Australian

3 Likes

Daywatch was also the name of Ten’s late morning/early lunchtime news bulletin which aired weekdays at 11.30am (AEST/AEDT) during 1986/87.

1 Like

Didn’t they also have a local afternoon news bulletins at 2.00pm around this time?

Today’s TV: 24 January 2006, Perth

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 26 January 2006

Interesting to note there was a 30 min break at approx 10:30pm during the Australian Open on 7 and resumed just after 11pm.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 26 January 2009, Perth
SOurce: The West Australian

I noticed that Channel 9 aired the news at an earlier time at 4:00 PM due to the One Day INternational Between Australia and South Africa at Adelaide Oval. I believed that Shane Warne commentated the match (I didn’t watch the match as I was in overseass)

5 Likes

Presumably Seven was delaying the tennis semi-final into Perth - which I can see why they would’ve when digital [edit: digital multi-channel] TV and making sure it’s “live everywhere” wasn’t a thing - but that would have also let them slot in a convenient time (between sets or at least games) to let them fulfil their City of Perth contract to show the Aus Day fireworks. Smart.

3 Likes

Today’s TV:

27.1.1959, Melbourne

27.1.1979, Melbourne

Source: TV Scene

27.1.1990, Melbourne. Includes the debut of Saturday Disney and Video Smash Hits on Seven

3 Likes

Saturday Disney was a great show back in the day. A shame it would become a victim of timeslot changes in its later years.

1 Like

Todays TV: 27 January 2010, Perth
Source: The West Austrlaian

2 Likes

I knew the Commonwealth Games was in an early slot that year, but for some reason I never thought the games had that many prime time (in Australia) sessions.

Todays TV: 28 January 2005, Perth

Channel 9 broadcasted a ONe Day Cricket Match between Australia and the West Indies during the morning and afternoon.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 28.1.1962, Melbourne

Source: TV Times

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 29 January 2007, Perth

Two new game shows premiered on that night with the Rich List (with ANdrew O’keefe on Channel 7) and 1 vs 100 (with Eddie McGuire on Channel 9.)

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 31.1.1958, Melbourne

Source: TV-Radio Week

3 Likes

Amazing how Nine had Looney Tunes and Seven had Disney in Melbourne. This content agreement lasted for over 50/60 years between the two stations.

4 Likes

back in the 70s at least in sydney nine had disney (6.30pm sundays) and seven had looney tunes (usually around 4.30/5pm weekday afternoons)

I believe that may have been from the old GTV/ATN and HSV/TCN agreements?

Today’s TV: 31 January 2006, Perth

CHannel 9 Perth showed the first two hours of the cricket match (between South Africa and Sri Lanka). However, after 3:30PM, cricket was cut off for some repeats of other programs. In WIN Territory, they broadcasted the full match. Unfortuantely, CHannel 9 didn’t screen the Swimming Trials for the Melbourne 2006 Games instead, they opted to screen new episodes of Homegrown WA.

ALso to add to it, Larry Emdur appeared simultaneously on Wheel of Fortune on Channel 7 and repeats of The Price is Right on Channel 9

1 Like