Classic TV Listings

Scrubs in on Disney+ so they hold the rights to it.

Today’s TV: 19 January 2009, Perth
Source: The West Australian

The Bold and the Beautiful was moved back to 4:30 PM, with Judge Judy returning back to 3pm timeslot.

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 19.1.1980, Melbourne

The last day for ATV0 before it changes/relaunches as ATV10 the next day. TV Week had the channel listed as “ATV10/0” for the full week.

4 Likes

When TV Week aligned all its state-based editions to a Saturday-Friday week, the 20 January 1979 issue marked the transition where some extra program days were included to finish on a Friday. (Up until then only the NSW/ACT editions went Sat-Fri. All other states went Wednesday-Tuesday)

For the Gippsland listing, this meant a one-off 10-day listing, as opposed to its normal 7-day format

Source: TV Week

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 20 January 2006, Perth

Channel 9 showed a One Day Cricket match between Australia and South AFrica from Telstra Dome (aka Docklands Stadium in Melbourne). Unfortunately, MCG was unavailable due to the preparations of the Melbourne 2006 Games - ceremonies and athletics.

Back in the days, Channel 9/WIN WA screened the One Day Cricket match on a delayed telecast. But it wasn’t until 2013 which saw every ODI match of the summer screened live in all cities.

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 21.1.1968, Adelaide

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 21 January 2009, Perth

3 Likes

Ah yes, 10 to 1 the weird edited version of 20 to 1 Nine would air to fill up random 30-minute periods around 2008/2009.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 21.1.1986, Melbourne

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 21 January 2005, Perth
Source: THe West Australian

4 Likes

Was Daybreak (10) and Daywatch (7) both news shows at 6am?

I believe Ten’s Daybreak was a Sydney-based national news, but Seven’s Daywatch from CNN as part of the News Overnight block

2 Likes

10 had an incredible news department throughout the 80s.

2 Likes

there was a lot of money splashed around in the '80s not just at Ten but in general

All came crashing down by the turn or the decade.

i notice all but a few kids shows in the afternoon ABC Kids afternoon block are having final episodes that day i’ve never ever seen that

1 Like

It’s just about the entire block as well.

Today’s TV: 22 January 2007, Perth

When Channel 7 previously had the Australian Open Tennis rights, Seven Perth would air the tennis at an earlier time. But since the rise of multichannels in 2010s, Seven Perth would have the first few hours of Australian Open Tennis on 7Two/7mate before moving to Seven after 9am. (Sunrise takes priority on the main channel during the tennis).

3 Likes

I was in Melbourne (actually Geelong) at that day and I do remember seeing the cricket on Nine that night, and also remember watching the movie “Car Wash” as one of the late night movies on Nine. In the pre-infomercial era that movie was a late night TV staple at both Nine and later Ten.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 23 January 2009, Perth

On that day, this was the end for game show, Temptation. Channel 9 aired this show at a special time at 11:30 am due to the summer of cricket. Ed Phillips contract has not been renewed.

3 Likes