Classic TV Listings

That new Parks and Rec episode could have aired at 8pm, instead of a How i Met Your Mother rerun.

1 Like

Didn’t Nine put The Sopranos in a late timeslot?

1 Like

Yes they did. They should have aired it around 9:30 or 10pm.

2 Likes

All in the Family should have aired at 7:30 or 8:30, instead of 10pm and the 9:30 news should have been a bit later, around 10 or 10:30

1 Like

Way too early unless they would butcher it in editing, But I guess its not out of the question given what they do to movies on FTA.

1 Like

This isn’t the mock schedules thread.

5 Likes

I know. I’m just doing a little schedule criticism.

1 Like

Probably important to remember that TV was a different beast in those times. If a show was critically acclaimed but a ratings dud, there was no way in hell it was going to be put earlier.

6 Likes

Today’s TV: 23 December 2005, Perth
Source: The West Australian

Over on Channel 10, they showed the Sex and the city marathon during the night.

3 Likes

A Precursor as to what they would do on Eleven a decade later.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 23.12.1987, “Southern NSW”

Source: TV Week

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 23 December 2011, Perth
Source: THe West Australian

2 Likes

Friday Night Lights on ABC2?

1 Like

Today’s TV: 23 December 2009, Perth

3 Likes

I see Seven were airing the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers at 10:30 at night. Originally a Nine program in 2002. PG rated Cleveland Show at 8:30 on Ten also.

1 Like

Christmas Eve & Christmas Day 2008 Tasmania
Source: The Sunday Tasmanian Tv Guide

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 24 December 2007, Perth

Over at Channel 9, they didn’t broadcast the Nine Morning News, instead they broadcasted Movies. However, they still showed the Afternoon News. Not to mention that The Christmas Orange aired in its 4pm timeslot. Carols by Candlelight aired at 7PM on WIN, while Nine aired at 8:30PM. I believed that this was Ray Martin’s final year as Carols by Candlelight host.
Channel 7 showed double episodes of King of the Hill from 2pm, while a new episode of Go Go Stop aired on Christmas Eve. Very interesting to see different daylight schedule between Seven and GWN.
Over on Channel 10, They didn’t air Early News instead they broadcasted the Christmas Light. I even noticed that The Simpsons aired at 3;30PM on TEN! THe Bold and the Beautiful didn’t air at 4:30pm and was replaced by It’s Me or the Dog.

3 Likes

It seems GWN decided to air Carols in the Domain again, while Seven did not.

Simpsons also aired at the normal 6PM timeslot.

2 Likes

I miss King of the Hill being a school holiday staple that it was from 2005-2007

4 Likes

Did 7 air all of King of the Hill?

1 Like