Classic TV Listings

Today’s TV: 18 December 2008, Perth
Source: The West Australian

Nine News wasn’t on at 6:30PM in Perth, while A Current Affair wasn’t shown on WIN. Instead, Nine Perth showed the final 2.5 hours of the Test Match between Australia and South Africa.

2 Likes

Brisbane and regional Queensland TV Guide from TV Week posted on a TV Week appreciation group on Facebook. There are three errors. Two are glaringly obvious but one not so. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Did SEQ have a relay channel on UHF-60?

1 Like

I think it is silly that Ten got the rights to Wild at Heart a UK drama that will never going to work for the Ten Network unfortunately that ABC would take over rights in 2008.

1 Like

One of those errors is being the guide still saying “DDQ 10-4-5A” and the TV guide is from December 1988, 3 months after DDQ 10 switched to VHF Channel 0. Also at that time, the station was branded as “Vision TV”

3 Likes

DDQ10 is an error, should have been DDQ0 or just listed as Vision TV.

“Maranbah” should be Moranbah.

The Sunshine Coast relay of SEQ was no longer on 10?

Also, the synopsis of Beyond 2000 seems to be incorrect as a stand alone special?

2 Likes

What with the cricket being on every channel?

Pre-aggregation, regional stations cover different areas.

2 Likes

There were only 2 channels in each regional area. ABC + commercial (then SBS later)

2 Likes

What was the Australian Television Network relay on SEQ?

1 Like

I’d imagine a switch to BTQ 7 for the remainder of the day.

2 Likes

NQTV has North Ward Townsville translator listed as Channel 9. It moved to Channel 5A circa 1975-76. ABC’s translator was on Channel 10 and then moved to Channel 1 around the same time. I’m guessing due to interference from Cairns.

1 Like

TV Week’s regional channel identifications were mostly incomplete and/or just never updated. It’s like they set them once and then never touched them again.

3 Likes

By 1988, SEQ’s Nambour (Dulong) relay would move to UHF-55.

1 Like

Not quite. It was on Ch 60. SBS was given Ch 55 there

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 19 December 2005, Perth
Source: The West Australian

Nine broadcasted the final 2.5 hours of the Cricket match between Australia and South Africa at the WACA. During the first few hours, Nine showed alternative programming including Pre-school programs. I also noticed that ACA decided to rest over the summer period. This may have been due to the departure of Ray Martin. As well, Channel 9 also had an episode of Australia’s FUnniest Home Videos during weeknights.

Over on Ten, they showed back-to-back episodes of Video Hits Presents during the arvo.

4 Likes

PG rated Joey at 6:30pm has to be a mistake. PG wasn’t allowed between 4pm-7pm

1 Like

When did it become allowed? I thought maybe it was by 2005? Or was it later?

3 Likes

1 December 2015

3 Likes

Much later than i thought

2 Likes