Classic TV Listings

yep i remember it was on for a while before this too because i used to watch it when i was wagging

2 Likes

SAS7 and ADS10 still closing down for the night. In regional Victoria Prime and Southern Cross Network ran 24 hours in 1993, but VIC TV (Nine affiliate) closed down for the night, it wasn’t until WIN took them over before going 24 hour transmission. I think Perth and Canberra also had Seven and Ten affiliates closing for the night too.

2 Likes

Seven here in Perth was still closing down for the night through the late-90s.

Here’s the 1993 closedown for TVW-7

And one from 1997

3 Likes

I think TVW7 in Perth didn’t go 24/7 until late 1990s or even early 2000s?

Ratings still finished up around the first week of November AFAIK in the major capitals but networks didn’t stick to the ratings calendar as feverishly as they might do now. I think the style of program that Four Corners was back then was a little different to today where they might have had multiple shorter stories in an episode rather than longer form reporting that fills a whole show nowadays.

2 Likes

When I lurked around the Youtube I found a comment said that 7 Perth didn’t have 24-hour TV until March 2000 @myfriend

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 15 December 2009, Perth
Source: THe West Australian

Looking through the television guides, I noticed that Channel 7TWO has broadcasted classic AFL matches overnight and early morning timeslots.

2 Likes

Yeah they used to do that for a while

2 Likes

Also why ch 7 had aerobics oz style when it was ch 10 show

They got in trouble for that.

3 Likes

Not exactly the sort of show you’d expect to see at that time of the morning.

1 Like

I’ve seen family guy on at 2:30 pm before but on 7mate but I’ve never seen it on at 11:30 am in the morning.

3 Likes

Yeah, That doesn’t surprise me. Even though this was early period Family Guy and while it wasn’t as offensive as the show would get once it came back in 2005 it’s still not exactly the type of thing to air at 11:30 am. Though the first time I did see Family Guy was during one of those airings in 2004.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 16.12.1975, Melbourne

Source: Listener In-TV

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 16 December 2004, Perth
Source: The West Australian

Channel 9 Perth didn’t show the first few hours of the First Test Match between Australia and Pakistan (from the WACA) due to the blackout rule restrictions. Back in the early days of Nine’s cricket coverage, the blackout rule was put in place to maximise the crowd numbers at cricket matches.
Instead, Channel 9 Perth showed alternate programming as well as movies during the afternoon. Meanwhile, Regional WA viewers had the full coverage of the Australia-Pakistan Test Live. As well, Channel 9 also showed a special presentation of Richie Benaud’s Greats XI.

3 Likes

The legend Richie Benaud. May he rest in peace. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 17 December 2009, Perth
Source: The West Australian

A Current Affair didn’t go to air due to the Test match (between Australia and the West Indies) being played at the WACA Ground, Perth. AFter the 6pm News ended, Nine Perth showed Animal Emergency at 6:30PM. Over on WIN Television, WIN showed the full match live. There is a big difference in daytime schedule between Nine and WIN WA.

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 17.12.2006, Sydney

Source: TV Week

8 Likes

Of course Die Hard is on 7

1 Like

It was cancelled and it hadn’t of been brought back yet. Probably just burning off eps.

Thats where i found the show

1 Like

Also because Seven hadn’t bothered to air it in years after the first season flopped in primetime.

1 Like