Classic TV Listings

australias naughtiest home video show hosted by doug mulray - well we all know what happened to that show 30 minutes in!!!

3 Likes

That should be School of Rock and not “The School of Rock” Anyway that was a heavy favorite of 10 during the late-00s along with other Paramount titles such as Mean Girls and The Devil Wears Prada. All 3 of those movies used to be on at least once every 3 months back then.

2 Likes

Only aired in the capital, in NSW at least.

A little odd seeing NBC News on a daytime main channel slot.

1 Like

Nine aired ABC World News Tonight in the same timeslot. From memory, these US newscasts in the mornings started after the Gulf War and lasted until around 1996/7.

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 20 NOvember 2006, Perth
Source: The West Australian

I noticed that TEN showed a replay of the Rugby Union match between Ireland and Australia from Dublin. If I Remember correctly, Channel 10 had the rights to the Wallabies Spring Tour in the northern hemisphere.
As well, I even noticed that there was a Nine promo about the Nine’s International Summer of Cricket - The Ashes (AUstralia v England), a T20 International Match (Australia v England) and ODI Tri-Series with Australia, New Zealand and ENgland.

3 Likes

That was probably my favorite summer of cricket.

2 Likes

I remember first following cricket closely during that year’s Ashes, asking a friend for the latest scores from the first Test at the Gabba. If I remember correctly, Kevin Pietersen’s future wife, and then-fiance Jessica Taylor (formerly of the British pop group Liberty X) gained some prominent attention from the media that series.

Australia won the series 5-0, though England would get its revenge in the ODIs.

2 Likes

Sky News Australia picked up airing ABC World News Tonight and added CBS Evening News for many years after.

2 Likes

Now ABC World New Tonight is on SBS

1 Like

Today’s TV: 21 Nov 2006, Perth
Source: The West australian

Over on Channel 10, Rove Live didn’t air new episodes in the final few weeks due to his wife’s passing. Instead, TEN threw in a repeat of Melbourne International COmedy Festival Gala. A couple of weeks then, Rove Live was on air. The following week, the scheduled episodes didn’t go to air and instead TEN showed alternate programming.
ON CHannel Nine, they showed a special Ashes to Ashes from the Queensland Performing Arts Centre – Mark Nicholas hosted the special and had special guests including Tony Greig, Bill Lawry, James Brayshaw and a few other Nine cricket commentators.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 21.11.1974, Melbourne

Source: Listener In-TV

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 21 NOvember 2009, Perth
Source: The West Australian

I noticed that the Sahara was being listed as an M-rated program at 6:30pm, which was a bit unusual (given that M-rated programs were not allowed to air until 8:30pm back then). Instead, when Channel 10 showed the Sahara (2005) movie, it was as a PG-rating.
Channel 10 broadcasted a Rugby Union match between Scotland and Australia from Murrayfield, Edinburgh during the Autumn Internationals. I think 10 had the rights to the Wallabies Autumn Internationals.

3 Likes

I find that magazine format more difficult to read than the daily one printed in the paper itself.

4 Likes

No way

23 Nov 1999

Scream premiere.

8 Likes

Man, Gone With the Wind seems like such a random choice for the midday movie on Seven.

Not even all of it! I guess Part 1 would have been shown the day before?

1 Like

Well, You’d like to think it was the day before.

Whats with Channel Ten having Judge Judy on at 6 pm and the Simpsons at 7 pm?

2 Likes

Judge Judy was extremely popular at this time, and Ten gave it a shot for a few months at 6pm.

3 Likes