Classic TV Listings

2008 seemed to be the year they were desperate to replace The Simpsons at 6, They had ran Friends in that slot earlier in the year. Obviously, they stopped trying after this until the “News Revolution” in 2011 when the entire early evening schedule changed massively.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 20.9.1984, Sydney

Source: TV Week

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 20 September 2004, Perth
Source: The West Australian

Didn’t realise that SBS had highlights of the 2004 Summer Paralympics in Athens.

Over on TEN, they had the Brownlow Medal Red Carpet arrivals at 7pm followed by Australian Idol: The Live Verdict at 7:30pm followed by the BM Count at 8:30pm.

4 Likes

I remember the Lana/Sky storyline on Neighbours.

TOday’s TV: 20 Sep 2006, Perth

Noticed that Seven, Nine and Ten showed a replay of the Memorial Service for Steve Irwin.

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 22.9.1976, Melbourne

Source: TV Week

1 Like

Today’s TV: 22 SEp 2006, Perth

Interesting that WIN showed ACA at 9PM straight after the AFL match between SYdney and Fremantle.
Seven showed a Davis Cup Semi Final match between Argentina and Australia from Buenos Aires during midnight due to time zone difference.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 23.9.1973, Melbourne

Source: Listener In-TV

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 23 SEptember 2005, Perth

This was David Johnston’s final Seven News bulletin. Bec Maddern would replace Johnston as the next 4:30 news presenter.

3 Likes

Ten’s late news at 12.50am Saturday morning. Those times are long gone.

2 Likes

I doubt it was live. Most likely pre recorded around 10.30pm.

2 Likes

Todays TV: 23 Sep 2010

I even noticed that there was an AFL Game Day being shown in prime time at 7:30pm in the lead up to the AFL Grand FInal.

2 Likes

Wasn’t unusual to see it as late as 2am at least a couple times a year on a Friday or Saturday night.
Hard to believe nowadays.

4 Likes

Probably true, they would have had normal rosters needing to record by a certain time.

1 Like

A bit off topic, but it’s amazing how much cheaper data has become over the years. I’d go through 2GB of data in a day, let alone a month.

2 Likes

Melbourne TV: Sunday 24 September 1989
from The Age

3 Likes

[quote=“Ricketycricket, post:6231, topic:511”]
A bit off topic, but it’s amazing how much cheaper data has become over the years. I’d go through 2GB of data in a day, let alone a month.
[/quote]Our home broadband at that time (2010) was still 20GB a month and around the time of that guide is when we got upped from 20GB to 200GB.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 24 September 2011, Perth
Source: The west Australian

Quite a heavy sports schedule from WIN during primetime. On WIN, they broadcasted an AFL match between Geelong and West Coast at 5:30pm, which was very unusual (given that the Geelong Cats had already won that match). Channel 10 and even Regional station, TEN West had live coverage of the AFL match.

1 Like

Why does that make it unusual, though?

3 Likes

Good to see ATV10 showing the NSWRL Grand Final. Sydney, Canberra and Brisbane would have shown the curtain raiser lower grade Grand Finals before the big match. I remember the game well. Canberra’s first flag.

1 Like