Classic TV Listings

Olivia Down Under at 7.30. I remember it well. It showcased her album The Rumour.
Didn’t Father of the Bride also air today on 7? I thought I noticed it as I walked past the television.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 6.9.1968, Brisbane

Source: TV Week

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 7 September 2007, Perth
SOurce: The West Australian

Seven Perth showed an AFL Qualifying Finals match between Port Adelaide and West Coast Eagles at AAMI Stadium live at 6PM. I even noticed that Seven News aired at a special later time at 9:30pm.
I even noticed that Nine showed repeats of Bert’s Family Feud at 3PM after they cancelled the show months ago. Nine showed the US Open Championships from 1:45am, while WIN started broadcast at a later time at 5am.
Noticed that Network TEN showed a special program, The World In Union, which took a look at the matches in the upcoming 2007 Rugby World Cup. As well, TEN and WIN showed the opening match between France and Argentina live.

5 Likes

You can drop the “I noticed” and just state it. It’s a fact, so no need for the repetitive “noticed”. :smile: Love all that you do with finding these old TV guides - a really interesting look into the past!

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 7 September 2011, Perth
Source: The West Australian

2 Likes

Todays TV: 8 SEptember 2008, Perth

ABC showed a one-hour highlights of the 2008 Summer Paralympics in Beijing at 6PM, and also one-hour nightly highlights at 11:35PM.

4 Likes

From memory, the first ever sporting event from overseas to be broadcast here live in HD

3 Likes

Todays TV: 9 Sep 2005, Perth

In WIN Territory, there was an NRL Qualifying Final match being broadcast, while Nine Perth didn’t have the NRL match. In fact, WIN has a big sports lineup.

2 Likes

I would assume the NRL match aired the next morning on STW.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 10 September 2011, Perth.
Source: The West australian

Quite a heavy sports schedule on WIN - AFL Finals, NRL Finals and Rugby World Cup 2011 in NZ. The Rugby World Cup 2011 was shown on a delayed telecast on Nine and WIN.

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 11.9.1976, Melbourne

Source: TV Week

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 12 September 2005, Perth
SOurce: The West Australian

Didn’t realise that there was an encore of Australian Idol at midday.

2 Likes

SBS aired that famous last day of the 2005 Ashes

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 12 Sep 2009, Perth

Quite a heavy sports lineup from WIN - US Open Tennis, The Western Front, AFL Semi-Finals and NRL Finals.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 13 September 2004, Perth

Nine aired a special episode, Days of Our Lives: a New Day.

5 Likes

That was a catch up episode Nine aired when they decided to skip four years worth of episodes. It was specially produced for Nine to tie up storylines and introduce new characters. Same was done for The Young and the Restless. Probably the beginning of the end for Nine’s daytime soaps because it pissed off so many fans who vowed to never watch again. It lead to the removal of both shows after decades as daytime staple viewing on Nine.

9 Likes

that was back in 2004? I remember the outrage from fans when it happened but I didn’t realise it was almost 20 years ago. I’m too old :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I can also remember this… can’t believe it was 18 years ago.

2 Likes

They kind of had their hands tied at this point - from memory not every market was even airing the same episode (STW was even further behind the rest of the network IIRC) and in the era before multichannels, summer cricket commitments would mean that they’d keep falling further and further behind every year anyway.

2 Likes

How behind are Ten with TB&TB?

1 Like