Classic TV Listings

Repeat rights.

1 Like

Yep, 2008 Nine got the rights to Seinfeld and used to dump it during graveyard slots before it moved to Go!

A 5-minute edition of the Late News. Seinfeld must be there as filler so NRL didn’t air until after midnight.

2 Likes

What would the reason behind the rightsholders not airing it until beyond midnight? Obviously it’s not primetime, main channel fare but would there be advertising $$ reasons for doing so?

1 Like

I think it’s so the low rating NRL doesn’t affect Nine’s primetime (6pm-12am) share in Perth.

7 Likes

Today’s TV: 23 August 2007, Perth
Source: The West Australian

4 Likes

Interesting to see a WIN Television logo next to Nine on the promo for Hidden Wonders Down Under. If I am correct the WIN logo was next to the Nine logo on signage etc. when WIN first bought the station, but the WIN logo became less prominent over time. I remember seeing a video online of STW-9’s building and it had a very ugly “WIN-9 Television” logo with the WIN and 9 inside mappy.

1 Like

I mean not really, as WIN was broadcasting the same episode and they had the same common owner.

1 Like

WIN and Nine Perth and Adelaide were O&O’ed by WIN from 2007-2013. Part of Bruce Gordon’s plan to purchase the entire East Coast Nine Network which ultimately failed and he eventually sold STW and NWS to Nine Entertainment in 2013.

in TV Week, Nine also used to include NBN and WIN logos in ads for Nine programs.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 23 August 2005, Perth

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 23.8.1989, Victoria

Source: The Sunday Herald / 7 Days TV Liftout

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 24 AUgust 2007, Perth
SOurce: The West Australian

This was the end of the line for TEN News on WIN as a dual affiliate. A few days later, Nine News would be shown on WIN.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 24.8.1972, Melbourne

Source: TV Week

7 Likes

As a kid I always thought Neighbours Again was a different show to what it actually was, a repeat of an old Neighbours episode. Mind you I was at an age where Sesame Street (if I wasn’t at Kindy) was more appropriate.

2 Likes

Finally’ got to uploading a 1990s one
(Any mistakes involving frequencies are my bad)
Tuesday, August 25th 1992 - Canberra

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 25 August 2008, Perth, WA

Didn’t realize that Channel 7 had Masterchef Goes Large. :astonished:
During midday, Seven replayed the Closing Ceremony of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. After the Olympics ended, normal programming resumed for Seven.

5 Likes

And going further back, the ABC used to screen it.

Pretty sure SBS was analogue channel 28 in Canberra?

2 Likes

NCAA Football seems like a really random thing for the ABC to carry.

2 Likes