Classic TV Listings

Hi, Do you have any other pages from the tv guide for Feb 1983 in Melbourne. I’m looking for old episode descriptions of ‘Play School’?

Today’s TV: 14 August 2008, Perth
SOurce: The West Australian

Noticed that Seven and the SBS showed the coverage of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing. As well, 7HD was also used to simulcast the Olympic Games. I wonder whether 7HD showed the Games at 6PM timeslot.
SBS also showed the Olympic Games, although they showed various sports including Table Tennis, Handball, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Hockey involving other nations.

2 Likes

Olympics on SBS are the minority sports in Australia. Don’t forget Australia is terrible at ice hockey

3 Likes

Notice is that Nine Perth producing a late night extended news update (5 mins) for WA or was that the first return of Nine’s Late News (Sydney) before it disappeared again before the full bulletin came back?

A little odd that WIN sandwiched ET in-between that and the local news replay, ET by this time being little more than the corner gossip machine it is today. But I do understand they didn’t want to run the replay any earlier.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: Friday 15 August 2008, Perth
Source: The West Australian

• I noticed that Channel 7 Perth did not show the 2008 Olympics preview show Yum Cha due to Sunrise taking priority. The Olympics clashed with the AFL on 7, meaning that the Olympics had to be shown on 7HD Breakaway Channel, while Channel 7 had to screen the Port Adelaide-Collingwood game at 7PM (I believe that Channel 7 didn’t show the final team song at the end of the match).
  • SBS showed some Events (table tennis, badminton, basketball) that involve other countries than Australia. Not to mention that SBS World News was shown Live around Australia.
4 Likes

Today’s TV: 15.8.1978, Melbourne

Source: TV Scene

Includes Part One of the TV premiere of The Godfather. and all channels providing various levels of reporting on the Federal Budget – with Nine’s 45-minute report hosted by Peter Hitchener

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 16 August 2004, Perth, WA

The Nine Network didn’t air the Today Show due to a Live Golf Telecast.
Seven Network telecasted a lot of events in the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens including the swimming, the cycling, gymnastics, diving and events involving Australia. As I looked at the guide, Seven showed a whopping 19.5 hours of the Athens Olympics in one day. Meanwhile, SBS showed some events (baseball, basketball, badminton) involving other countries. Believe it or not, SBS even showed a Softball match between Australia and Chinese Taipei!
Network TEN didn’t air the Jerry Springer Show at that time (even though it was the school period). Instead, TEN decided to show a Midday Movie.

4 Likes

Cheap way to steal Seven’s Midday Movie viewers. They even moved the news back to 11:30am to accomodate this.

2 Likes

Ten showing In The Box before Cheez TV.

all 6 of 'em

The Midday News Bulletin didn’t last long… it was only there for 6 months?

1 Like

Today’s TV: 16 August 2006, Perth
Source: The West Australian.

Noticed that SBS showed a Live soccer AFC Asian Qualifier between Australia and Kuwait from Aussie Stadium, Sydney.
The Master premiered at 7:30pm on CHannel 7.

1 Like

Wasn’t that a massive flop for them

Just as I thought they replaced Yasmin’s Getting Married with Futurama repeats a very goto move for 10 back then.

1 Like

The Master was also dropped after just one episode, with all the remaining unaired episodes burnt off on Monday nights at 7:30pm in the 2006-07 summer non-ratings period.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 17.8.1976, Melbourne

Source: TV Week

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 17 August 2004, perth

Didn’t realise that 10 showed a Movie during midnight.
SBS showed one hour of Highlights of the 2004 Summer Olympics, while Seven showed 4.5 hours of highlights of the Athens Games. (I didn’t watch the Highlights as I was in school, but I wonder if Seven showed the medal tally during the highlights)

3 Likes

Without any type of research, The Master isn’t currently on The Chase is he?

No he isn’t.

Wasn’t “The Master” the first person to win $1 Million on WWTBAM?

Todays TV: 18 August 2004, Perth

Noticed that SBS broadcasted numerous events of the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens including Water Polo, Kayaking, Volleyball, Cycling. SBS Olympics lineup was separate compared to Seven’s Olympic coverage. However, a few events were shown on delayed telecast. Not to mention that SBS showed 30 minutes of highlights of the Olympics, while Seven showed 4.5 hours of highlights.

3 Likes