Classic TV Listings

I’m going to assume Yasmin had been pulled by this point but the guides had already been printed.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: Friday 8 August 2008, Perth
Source: The West Australian

Channel 7 Perth showed a Live Friday Night AFL between the Melbourne Demons and Geelong Cats (at the MCG) at 5pm (instead of the usual 8:30pm). During half-time, they had a news update. After the Melbourne-Geelong Cats game ended, they went straight into the Opening Ceremony of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, China. With Bruce McAvaney heading to Beijing (with Sonia Kruger and Sandy Roberts), Dennis Cometti continued to call the AFL matches when the Games were on.

3 Likes

I feel like that Star Wars time is wrong. I’m pretty sure I watched that airing of Phantom Menace and I remember it airing much earlier than 10:10 plus I can’t imagine 10 ran 2+ hours of So You Think You Can Dance

FWIW, the same times were listed for Melbourne.

Source: TV Week

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 9 August 2006, Perth

I noticed that Nine Perth showed the Morning News at 11AM while WIN showed Guthy Renker at the same timeslot. I don’t know why WIN showed morning news.

3 Likes

Infomercials means money

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 9 August 2009, Perth

Noticed that new digital channel GO! commenced broadcasting on Channel 99. GO Channel had a lot of kids programs in the morning timeslot

2 Likes

It still does. Hasn’t it always?

4 Likes

Pretty much.

2 Likes

About 35 years
Monday, August 10th 1987 - Sydney

6 Likes

Today’s TV: 10 August 2005, Perth

Didn’t realise that Channel 7 showed a basketball match between Australia and China from Challenge Stadium, Perth.

3 Likes

For how long did MTV last at 5pm? I only know of the Friday/Saturday late airings.

1 Like

not sure but MTV afternoons never aired in Melbourne, instead GTV9 screened The Bugs Bunny Show with Kathy Hopper.

The 5pm show started in July 1987, a few months after the Friday/Saturday late night show was launched, and ran until December of that year. The 5pm show didn’t return in 1988 because the network planned to introduce Live at Five once Terry Willesee and Jo Pearson became available.

5 Likes

Today’s TV: August 11, 2004 Perth

Didn’t realise that Channel 10 had a new episode of The Panel at 9:30pm.

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 11.8.1984, Brisbane

Source: TV Week

4 Likes

I don’t recall the show ever airing in repeat. It’s not the type of show Ten could air repeats of considering it consisted of light hearted discussion of the week’s news, sport and current affairs, similar to HYBPA and The Cheap Seats.

9 Likes

Today’s TV: 11 August 2010, Perth

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 12 August 2005, Perth

CHannel 9 showed a Friday Night AFL match between West Coast Eagles and Fremantle live into WA. Therefore, A Current Affair was shown at an earlier time at 5:30pm just before the News. Given that there are two West Australian teams playing in primetime, I wonder how many Perth viewers watched the Friday Night Footy. :thinking:

3 Likes

Hi, Do you have any other pages from this edition? I’m looking for old episode descriptions for ‘Play School’.