Classic TV Listings

Yasmin’s Getting Married the flop of all flops at the time.

6 Likes

The West Wing went from Nine to ABC

1 Like

Although they were just reruns IIRC.

1 Like

if i remember rightly it lasted all of 4 episodes the big brother final was on the monday night and this aired from tuesday to friday and it was gone after that

1 Like

Today’s TV: 3 August 2012, Perth, WA
SOurce: THe West Australian

The Circle went to air for the final time on Channel 10. This was the end of the line for morning talk shows produced in Melbourne.
Channel 9 showed Highlights of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London in 3D on Channel 94/95.
Channel 7 showed an AFL match between the Hawks and Cats at the MCG. I get the feeling that Dennis Cometti and Basil called the game (however, Bruce McAvaney didn’t call the match).

4 Likes

That’s right. Bruce was in London calling the swimming for the world feed.

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 4 August 2008, Perth
Source: The West Australian

Noticed that repeats of Friends have moved from 6pm to 7pm on 10.

3 Likes

Also interesting the usual Nine advert there was for WIN instead. All the other posts have had a Nine advert.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 5 August 2010

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 5.8.1958, Sydney

Source: TV Times

This was from the original Sydney-based TV Times, published by ACP and with a format/layout similar to TV Week in Melbourne, before it amalgamated with ABC’s TV News magazine to become TV News-Times, which then became national and later became TV Times (again).

6 Likes

Today’s TV: Saturday 6 August 2011, Perth

Start of the end for Network Ten - Video Hits has been axed after 24 years on air.
WIN showed Saturday Afternoon AFL then Live Rugby Union between All Blacks and Wallabies from Auckland. I didn’t realise that WIN opted not to show locally footy program The Western Front.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 6.8.1984, Melbourne

Source: TV Week

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 7 August 2008, Perth

I noticed that Channel 7 had a double episode of the HOme and Away and also the Soccer preliminary match between Australia and Serbia as part of the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing, China.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone has posted that guide. Would be very interesting.

4 Likes

There wouldn’t be any

4 Likes

Still would be interesting to see what was supposed to have been scheduled on that day.

2 Likes

I would have the original published guide for the day but nothing about what actually went to air

1 Like

What went to air was just live 9/11 news coverage wasn’t it? I know Ten were the first to return to normal programming at 6pm but the others pretty much kept the live coverage going for at least another day.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 7.8.1980, Sydney

Source: TV Times

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 7 August 2006, Perth

ABC used to show repeats of Lawn Bowls during the early morning.

3 Likes