Classic TV Listings

Today’s TV: Monday 25 July 2005, Perth
Source: The West Australian

Noticed that Channel 9 showed live coverage of swimming championships from Montreal, Canada. From my memory, I think Ray Warren, Nicole Livingstone and Duncan Armstrong had to fly up to Canada to commentate on the swimming championships.
I noticed that Channel Ten showed a repeat of Murder She Wrote at midday.

3 Likes

I forgot that Seven showed British Open golf before the rights went to Nine and now Fox Sports.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 25.7.1964, Melbourne & Gippsland

Source: TV Week

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 25.07.1989 Melbourne
from the Age
Mike Walsh’s Superquiz launches on 10 TV Australia.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 25 July 2006, Perth, WA

4 Likes

I doubt Ray flew.

2 Likes

I remember Ray had a fear of flying hence he didn’t fly to many of the overseas swimming events, though he eventually overcame it when he flew to London for Nine’s coverage of the London 2012 Olympic Games.

2 Likes

He would’ve called it from Sydney via satellite

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 26 July 2006, Perth, WA

Start of the end for Seven’s game show, Wheel of Fortune after 25 years on air.

5 Likes

Today’s TV: 27 July 2012, Perth, WA

This was the start of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London on the Nine Network and Foxtel. Realised that GEM also came onboard to simulcast the coverage in HD. I wonder what Channel 9’s commentary team looked like during the London 2012 Games. TMK, Peter Donegan called the athletics on both Nine and Foxtel, Mark Nicholas hosted London Gold on Nine.

2 Likes

Today’s TV:

27.7.1976, Victoria/Regional South Australia

27.7.1981, Adelaide

Source: TV Week

3 Likes

End of the line for WIN WA - full simulcast of STW which was basically a simulcast of Nine east coast save for maybe timezone adjustments.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 28 July 2004, Perth WA

Realised that The Jerry Springer show aired at 12:30pm on Ten.

4 Likes

Which I think got it paired with Oprah for the first time? The two big rival talk shows in the US at the time.

3 Likes

On this Day back in 2006, the Final ever Episode of the Australian Wheel of Fortune aired on Seven.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 28 July 2009, Perth, WA
Source: THe West Australian

New episodes of Masterchef aired at 1pm on WIN Television.
I noticed that Channel 10 showed an encore of the 7pm project at 3:30pm.

4 Likes

Must have been short-lived because within a few months they were dumping sitcom re-runs in that 3:30 slot.

4 Likes

I actually didn’t mind the 2006 version with Larry as host.

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 29 July 2012

Realised that they had the temporary 3D channel telecast on Channel 95. The 3D telecast showed signs of highlights of the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. Not to mention that GEM came along to simulcast the Games in HD (except for the NRL being shown on GEM in WA).

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 30 July 2011, Perth, WA

During Saturday Mornings, 7mate would replay an AFL match from the previous night.
Ten broadcasted a Saturday arvo match between Western Bulldogs and West COast (in which the Eagles held on to win by 8 points). During the evening, Ten showed the Fremantle v Hawks game at 6:30pm on delay, while WIN showed the match at 5:30pm live

3 Likes