Classic TV Listings

given they are all repeats I’d say they just abandoned them

2 Likes

I always wondered what Epilogue was. I remember it being on Channel nine as a kid but never watched it (being on too late). It appears from these old guides that it was just a daily religious message. Can anyone confirm this?

3 Likes

Yes, it was a daily religious program usually hosted by a local church minister.

1 Like

Today’s TV: 30 January 2006, Perth
Source: The West Australian

I remembered watching the Wheel of FOrtune show with Larry Emdur taking over as the host of the game show, replacing Steve Oemcke. Larry Emdur appeared simultaneously on Wheel of Fortune (Seven) and repeats of The Price is Right (Nine) in his first few weeks of Seven.
THat day, 10 launched 9am with david and Kim (as the main replacement for GMA with Bert Newton). That time, Bert Newton returned to the Nine Network. As well, 10 launched its new early news bulletin at 6am.

3 Likes

The First 3 Contestants that appeared on the Series Return of the Wheel of Fortune Part of the Wheel N’Deal Hour were Journalist Sarah, a Married Troy and Aiki whose Hobby Likes Cooking.

Sarah Had 4 Consonants and 1 Vowel to Choose because of her Score $4,475 and the Catergory was a Movie Title and the Clue for this Puzzle Was. It is the Name of a Film Starring Julia Roberts. She Spun up the Car Wedge with the 3 Red Diamonds Logo, the Car Prize that She Played for and Won was a Mitsubishi Colt XLS Hatchback Automatic in Cool Silver Valued at $20,990 Including On-Road Costs.

The 4 Consonants that Journalist Sarah Chose were an R, S, T, N and her Vowel she Picked was an E and she Had Just 10 Seconds to Work Out the Name of the Movie Title is. She Managed to Solve the Puzzle ‘Pretty Woman’ with 2 Seconds to Spare Winning the Mitsubishi Colt XLS Hatchback Automatic in Cool Silver.

The Dealadrome had some Major Changes too from January 30th 2006, the Winner of the 3 Question Quiz. Gets to Pick a Case that Contains the $200,000 or a Facelifted Peugeot 307 Hatchback Valued at $30,000. Therese Chu Sold Briefcase #12 for $57,000, but Turned it into $64,000 when She Gambled a Portion of Her Money by $7,000 when Double or Nothing was Introduced.

4 Likes

Today’s TV: 2 February 2019, Regional Victoria

Source: TV Week

6 Likes

Today Marks 17 Years since National 9News Adelaide’s Veteran Newsreader Kevin Crease Presented his Final Bulletin alongside Rob Kelvin, Kym Dillon and Keith Martyn, He Died after a Long Battle from a Serious Battle with Prostate Cancer at the Age of 70 on Thursday the 12th of April in 2007.

Channel 9 Adelaide Broadcasted a 1hr Commercial Free Tribute to the Legendary Newsreader of South Australia from Semaphore on 6:30PM Sunday Night the 15th of April in 2007 after Adelaide’s National 9News (Sunday) with Georgina McGuinness, Mark Bickley and Xavier Minniecon. Kevin Crease’s Long Lasting Legacy Story of Newsreading on Channel 9 Adelaide was on 60mins with Peter Overton after the Tribute.

In 2008 Kevin Crease’s News Duties were Undertaken by Kelly Nestor and Keith Martyn’s Weeknight Weather Duties were also Undertaken by CFS Volunteer Brenton Ragless now in Present Day on 9News Adelaide with Kate Collins This Year alongside Sport Presenter Tom Rehn and Weather Presenter Jessica Braithwaite.

1 Like

Not enough capital letters in that spiel.

3 Likes

2 February 2001, Sydney
Source:SMH

WIN and NBN viewers miss out on The Chimp Channel, lol

6 Likes

I’m also assuming this was the first week seven reinstated the weekday version of Sunrise after its absence for a year.

Also, Seven’s Morning News bulletin would have just launched around this time.

The Weakest Link would also be just three days away from launching as well.

The show was unique in the sense that it aired twice a week, on Monday nights at 7:30pm and then either Thursday (AFL markets) or Friday nights (Sydney/Brisbane).

After the AFL season finished, the second episode for the week would run on Thursday nights until the end of the year.

Sunrise was 6-7.30am in that year. All Music Video and The Book Club followed.
Seven also aired Home and Away - the Early Years in the afternoon slot.

Dilbert was on 10? I didn’t know that. I love their comic strip.

Yes, Dilbert ran for a season IIRC.

2 Likes

Dilbert ran for thirty episodes, split into two seasons.

2 Likes

Today’s TV: 3.2.1980, Melbourne

Source: TV Week

I am tipping that “Greg Evans” reading the ABC News is likely a typo! It could have been Greg Pearce or Graham Evans :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Interesting to see Jana reading Eyewitness News solo on Sundays?

7 February 1992, Sydney
Source:SMH

Final Bugs Bunny Show

6 Likes

and that’s the JJJ I remember best! Also 2CBA as a true community radio station (with segments aimed at an older audience plus Dad and Dave and Yes What?) instead of the quasi-commercial AC format it has now.

1 Like

Also the first time the Sevens tournament got expanded coverage. It wasn’t covered at all in 1988, only the final got covered live in 1989/1990 with highlights of all the other games, and the semis also got coverage in 1991 with the final. It was also the first time it was expanded beyond the NSWRL clubs with a 24 team draw, and Wigan coming over to win beating the Broncos in the final.

1 Like

11 February 1995, Sydney
Source: Sun Herald

8 hours of Rugby League coverage

5 Likes