4 Likes

25 January 1997, Sydney
Source:Sun Herald

Viewer’s choice on Seven.

7 Likes

6 Likes

As seen on TV:

3 Likes

IIRC, this was the last time Friends was shown on Channel 7 since they only had the rights to air season 1 when it (belatedly) premiered in August of 1996 and in December of the same year, Season 2-onwards aired on Nine. Right?

Yep - some discussion here.

1 Like

I just remember vaguely (as a kid) when it premiered on Ch7.

My understanding, Seven pushed out Season 1 to delay Season 2 launching on Nine. I could be wrong but I think Nine replayed Season 1 over the summer 96/97 prior to launching Season 2.

Nine also obtained Lois & Clark with the new deal. I believe that was Season 4.

I also noticed that the Prime regionals didn’t take part in this for some reason, opting to air movies instead

The caps I posted are from Prime - you can just make out the watermark.

2 Likes

I remember seeing the Coca-Cola Interactive night on Prime in Victoria, first up they had the final episode of Friends S1 (The One With the Birth) followed by the pilot episode of Home and Away.

1 Like

26 January 2004, 20 years ago yesterday, Perth

Source: Our Guide

For Perth viewers, the 2004 Australian Open coverage stopped at 3pm then resumed at 7.30pm on Australia Day before being interrupted for a Special Presentation at 10:30pm for approximately 30 mins then resuming again at 11.00pm.

8 Likes

I remember the Hewitt vs Federer match was played on the evening of Australia Day that year so for Perth viewers it would’ve been delayed by three hours.

Yep. Night sessions were delayed then. It wasn’t until 2012 we had live coverage of night sessions and 2022 when we could view the tennis ad-free

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, Seven News Perth aired almost immediately after that epic Djokovic vs Nadal match? It would’ve finished just after 10:30pm Perth time (1:30am Melb time).

3 Likes

Today’s TV: 28.1.1962, Victoria

Source: TV Times

3 Likes

Yep. We had a break at 10:30pm that night with the conclusion of the match after the Lotterywest Skyworks special presentation went to air that night

1 Like

Today’s TV: 29 Jan 2012, Perth
Source: The West Australian

I remembered when my sister and I watched that epic Australian Open Final between Djokovic-Nadal match on CHannel 7 (which ran for nearly six hours). Originally, 7 News Perth was scheduled to have the news at 7:30pm but was pushed back to 11pm. (I still remembered that time after the post-match presentations ended, the host Hamish McLachlan (IIRC) told WA viewers that they go straight to the news).
I wondered what happened to the remaining scheduled programs during the night in Perth?

4 Likes

given they are all repeats I’d say they just abandoned them

2 Likes

I always wondered what Epilogue was. I remember it being on Channel nine as a kid but never watched it (being on too late). It appears from these old guides that it was just a daily religious message. Can anyone confirm this?

3 Likes

Yes, it was a daily religious program usually hosted by a local church minister.

1 Like