Christchurch Mosques Terror Attack - Coverage

Newshub is back on air with Tom McRae hosting again

1 Like

Turns out it is

https://twitter.com/TeamYouTube/status/1106998782669918208

3 Likes

Police Commissioner Mike Bush is speaking to the media. Stating the police responded in 6 minutes from the first calls to 111.

I did see this as well. On the day I could do it, a lot of videos of the live stream and some thumbnails (pretty graphic ones to) of the stream were being posted.

1 Like

Not to be outdone, Sarah Abo has done a report for 60 Minutes tonight:
https://twitter.com/60Mins/status/1107108836723187712

3 Likes

1 News has started Wendy & Simon live in Christchurch again. It seems like they swapped places with Mike and Melissa from Newshub yesterday

Newshub yesterday

2 Likes

This was the open to the 1 News at 6pm. This will be the last video I’ll post in regards of this unless some significant coverage comes up. Will keep posting caps right here.

A live cross to Sean Hogan at the turn out in the Wellington vigil.

Sunday will be live at 7:30pm with more indepth coverage from Christchurch

5 Likes

Seven News tonight

and Nine Sydney

5 Likes

Seven News Brisbane has sent Sarah Greenhalgh to Christchurch to file reports for the network.

2 Likes

Some caps from the 5pm Newshub special

Newshub Live at 6pm

8 Likes

5 Likes

SBS World News

Seven News Adelaide

3 Likes

Ten News at 5pm in Brisbane

3 Likes

The Sunday Project

5 Likes

Nine News Queensland

Seven Queensland

ABC News

3 Likes

So it appears Denham Hitchcock is in NZ for Sunday Night and has a report tonight as does Alex Cullen who has an interview with Brenton Tarrants family. Be interesting if this is 2 separate reports or 1 while report. They seem to have put these reports together quickly!

3 Likes

Amanda Gillies is live in Christchurch for The AM Show this morning. Ingrid Hipkiss filling in for her in studio.

Jack Tame is there from Breakfast. Anna Burns-Francis filling in for Hayley Holt, who I assume is on leave (as she was also away last week). Daniel is co-hosting with her, and also reading the news.

Monday -

Tom Steinfort in Christchurch for Today special coverage.

Hayley Holt was on Breakfast on Friday, & also on Mon - Wednesday last week
I have nothing personally against Haley but Anna burns Francis is doing a stellar job in Haley’s absence.
Three’s Newshub has done an amazing job with extra bulletins during the weekend ad free.
As well as this mornings AM show ad free.
Breakfast having commercials this morning

4 Likes

This was the open to this morning Breakfast on 1. Interesting to note they only used a song on the first break and the rest of the breaks were just the Breakfast theme. Plus weather was condensed only showing main centers around the country.

4 Likes

Haven’t heard that breakfast sting since before they ditched proper opening titles, sounds lovely. Breakfast need to bring the intro back. Sting - studio&headlines - intro. The breakfast intro sequence since 2017 is just so disjointed.

On another presentation aspect of all this, one news should have used their Tonight theme for the intro instead of the Breaking News theme. A lot more somber. And if they had time to to whip up titles for American election they could have easily made some for this occasion albeit stills.

I know it’s not a big deal but from a presentation perspective it would have been nice too.

3 Likes