Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway

You want to watch 90 minutes of news on a Saturday night?

1 Like

They already do that six nights a week. What’s wrong with doing that on Saturdays?

Please don’t tell me that it’s weekend with less news. They’re doing 90 minutes on Sundays so obviously there is enough news on weekends that warrants full bulletins. Otherwise you might as well have Seven/Nine cutting their weekend news to 30 minutes as well.

Whatever, even if news won’t work, this show wouldn’t either.

1 Like

Boredom for viewers. You didn’t answer the question. Would you watch 90 minutes of news on a Saturday night?

4 Likes

I would, but not all of it. I certainly wouldn’t watch Takeaway Reheated.

And before anyone says anything, that bulletin is not designed to be watched over for a full 90 minutes.

Moving along now…

2 Likes

Other stations should take note and start playing their family variety shows too on the weekend. Bring back Wipeout and replay celebrity splash and cannonball and the aus ninja warrior knock off on channel 7 they might rate this time.

These repeats of the show won’t even rate 200k IMO.

1 Like

And therein lies the problem. You need a show people will tune in for and not switch off after 10 minutes.

1 Like

I agree. Although my last comment in this thread wasn’t really about the current state of programming due to the coronavirus, it was far more about the possibility of Ten deciding to allow for a Takeaway comeback (which I think would be a terrible idea, based on last year’s ratings) if the “Reheated” highlights specials are in anyway successful.

Now should be the time for all networks and production companies to be developing new programming ideas and formats which can go into production once the coronavirus pandemic is over (although it may not seem like it right now, this crisis will end eventually), not rehashing tired old formats which the general public didn’t really care about around this time last year.

I’m expecting Takeaway Reheated to get numbers on par with what “Saturday Night Rove” got in August last year…perhaps even lower ratings than that (which would really be something, remembering just how low Rove’s show got before Ten pulled the plug)!

I don’t think Takeaway on a Saturday night is a bad idea. It’s probably the slot the show should have been in from the start. Family viewing on a Saturday night. The problem with this show from the beginning was the slot and the length of the show. I don’t think the repeats are going to work however.

Next year:

5:00 10 News First (90mins)
6:30 The Saturday Project
7:30 Saturday Night Takeaway (1hr)

1 Like

Yeah that’s never happening. The Project team is not interested in working on Saturdays and why would Ten resurrect a major flop.

The fact that Takeaway Reheated even exists indicates someone at Ten is still obsessed with this content despite the fact it was a massive failure.

Either that or Chris & Julia are still on the 10 payroll doing nothing…

1 Like

I’m sure they weren’t interested in working Sundays 2 years ago either.

4 Likes

As previously stated on here. It’s called investing in a weekend team.

Unlikely. It’s called lack of money in Free to Air television.

5 Likes

anyway… who else is excited about tonight’s “Reheated” special of at 6pm? It’s going to rated extremely high… Aaah, the anticipation of it all…

Jokes aside, I’m surprised that this highlights show is to be 6 episodes long (that’s what the article says over on tvtonight). I cant see it make it to 3 weeks…

3 Likes

It is cheap new content for the channel using payroll employees. I say good luck to them.

1 Like

1 Like

Watching the highlights, it’s not awful it could have used tweaking etc but I think the night may have been wrong.

3 Likes

For some reason (maybe the name?) I thought it was unseen bits and unseen eps they were playing? not full repeats.

It’s funny too how everything this show is goes against the new coronavirus rules :sweat_smile:

Really? I thought it was quite obvious as to what it was going to be. Reheated is clearly a cute name for repeats.

5 Likes