Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway

This show had potential but it was lame. Parts of it were like a very poor Hey Hey remake.

1 Like

Not sure there were many highlights to fill a repeat special. Slim pickings indeed.

2 Likes

We loved this show…but were also lucky enough to win a holiday off it so we will be watching!!!

6 Likes

New promo

I prefer the logo on the end board of the video, but this is what they are using for socials.

4 Likes

I predict 100,000 total people in ratings. Flop.

1 Like

Why is this even a thing? Sounds like the worst programming decision in 2020. Sounds like some shit seven would do.

1 Like

I don’t mind the idea as a best of series while programming is tight due to current events, but 6:00pm is not the right timeslot.

Even 6:30 or 7:00pm would be better - but I figure 10 are aware their Saturday night news is often the highest rating show on that evening so it’ll be the best launch pad for it.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think it will work.

3 Likes

A best of series is great for a series that was good in the first place and had a lot of content to pick from. But this is the opposite of that. This was crap and only had a handful of episodes.

2 Likes

Takeaway reheated - re-hosted from home.

4 Likes

Absolute strangest programming move in recent years.

8 Likes

The fact that they’ve even promoted it irritates me. They hardly promote anything other than master chef then they wheel out this shitty program and promote it.

3 Likes

Just extend the news to 6.30pm for goodness sake. They’re already doing that for Sundays, why not Saturdays considering hardly anything rates on 10 on Saturdays?

4 Likes

I daresay that they are trying to test if there’s an appetite for this show on Saturday’s. Perhaps if there is an ok response they may bring it back.

If they could make this work and have a constant show on Saturday nights most of the year that reached 500k they could start to make inroads in the ratings race as Saturday night has always been where they have lost the most ground

1 Like

Sorry but the show was already rating terribly on Sundays (against MAFS/MKR, but still). Even when the former ended no one cared for the format. Adding to the fact that this is recycled stuff from last year and 10 already rating like crap on Saturdays, I don’t think there’s a chance this will even be competitive, it won’t work.

2 Likes

The cupboard must be extremely bare at Ten if they’re seriously considering reviving this show if the “Reheated” specials are in any way successful!

2 Likes

If people are complaining about network cupboards being ‘bare’ now, that’s nothing compared to what’s going to happen in a few month’s time if production on TV shows still can’t resume…

It is not far-fetched to suggest the 2nd half could consist of networks airing a lot of repeats

4 Likes

Who cares, they need something to fill Sat night timeslot whether it rates or not and Chris and Julia would still be under contract, so why not use them?

1 Like

News would be more relevant and rate better than ‘reheated’ bits of unwanted takeaway.

Oh yeah more coronavirus news, thats what we need. It’s Sat night, dead. used to be for sport. more people are at home with the kids so it may actually be watched.

3 Likes

Not necessarily.

Besides, who thinks that recycled flop would be decent viewing compared to news? I think many wouldn’t.