Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway

I’m guessing Ten has plans for a full hosting role for him with something soon so are spruiking him up a bit with random appearances here and there.

The Masked Singer no doubt

1 Like

He’s a great talent. I think it’s time he did more primetime

2 Likes

Will Ten commission an Australian version to be hosted by Beau Ryan? :thinking:

Love it

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/morning-shows/lisas-cheeky-swipe-at-karl-on-sunday-night-takeaway/news-story/0c4229fdd0ee86759ff3963bde5fc409

A preview for the segment shows Wilkinson tasked with hiring a dog walker for her pooch while being instructed via earpiece by hosts Chris Brown and Julia Morris.

Interviewing a prospective dog walker, Wilkinson introduces her unsuspecting victim to her pint-sized pet — before Brown instructs the journalist to reveal a very interesting nickname.

I also nickname him Karl, because I carried him for years as well,” Wilkinson says.

10 Likes

And if Karl had a bitch named Lisa could you imagine the outrage :joy:

2 Likes

Note to Peter Dutton - This is how to apologise - blame someone else :wink:

2 Likes

Ten indicating this will be renewed.

1 Like

Ten need to let this go. It won’t come back.

2 Likes

I disagree. I just think this was in the wrong timeslot, and wrong time of the year.

Wednesday where 10 has had success with Thank God You’re Here and toward the back end of the year leading into the Christmas break is where this should have gone.

Much like 10 fucked up with Dancing with the Stars which should have been on Tuesday evenings where 7 had years of success with the format.

Do they not employ analysts for these kind of things?

1 Like

If the show returns later this year it could be up against The Block, and we all know the reveal episode on Sundays pull a big audience like Married at First Sight. Perhaps Takeaway should go to Thursdays leading into Gogglebox?

Saturday’s.

4 Likes

As much as I’d agree, I just can’t see anything working on Saturday night…

2 Likes

It’s not working on Sunday either.

If they can find a cost effective way to do it, Saturday would be the go.

Without doubt the biggest flop of the year (so far) and Ten are mulling a renewal. Im sure 9 and 7 will be pleased if they do.

1 Like

The problem is, it wouldn’t look good for senior management to renew this for another season. People are already questioning the direction of the business. Advertisers are not going to invest in this.

3 Likes

And make it ONLY an hour!

7.30 on a weeknight for an hour I think it would have a chance, I really think the timeslot was the biggest issue against superior competition.

I’m not a fan of this format but do understand why they’d like to give it a shot in a less competitive timeslot before throwing it on the scrapheap.

The talking secretly into Lisa Wilkinson’s ear was funnier than in previous week’s, mostly due to Wilkinson and the three nice dog walkers. The lines from Brown and Morris were lame as usual.

The following court room segment with Magda Szubanski was a shambles. It wasn’t funny, and poor Magda - I don’t know what’s going on there.

3 Likes