Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway

This show, in my honest opinion, is one of the best new shows for 2019. Just sucks that nothing was given a chance against the ratings of MAFS . It deserves a second series away from MAFS in winter.

1 Like

Lisa appeared from The Project desk for tonight’s prank.

3 Likes

I thought it was fun but it did drag on a bit

They got Tarsh Belling in for 10 News first Takeaway edition, look like the old desk from the previous set

1 Like

That segment was good. Belling is all class.

2 Likes

do you think it will be back and when?

Love this!

In the UK Version they have an “end of the show show” with a musical guest that ant and dec get involved in. Would love to see something like that next season.

An example:

1 Like

Tonight was the first time I’d seen the show from start to finish. And the ratings were abysmal, but really nothing was going to rate up against MAFS and MKR. But I think credit to Ten for doing something that isn’t a reality show. I hope it gets another series.

4 Likes

Light jacket for male newsreaders - could start a trend.

5 Likes

Overwaxed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Was at the taping last night and there seems to be a quiet confidence that they will be given another shot. I hope so coz my family thinks it’s an awesome show and perhaps just needs an earlier start?!?!

Maybe 4 o’clock in the afternoon? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
3 Likes

Expected, but still extremely disappointing. It was simply on at the wrong time of year IMO

6 Likes

No. I think you can say it was simply awful.

4 Likes

Each to their own. Everyone has different tasted. I personally really enjoyed it, as did my family.

2 Likes

Whatever floats your boat but you were very much in the minority though.

I enjoyed the show quite a lot as well. I think being up against two reality juggernauts didn’t help.

2 Likes

It wasn’t that bad. It lacked polish and could probably have done with some refinement before it was put to air. It never plumbed the depths of awfulness reached by Rove’s pathetic offering.

5 Likes

I don’t think it helped rushing it to air straight after I’m a celeb. Not enough time to really rehearse the format with Chris & Julia.

2 Likes