Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway

6 Likes

2 Likes

Good comeback!!

Sunday’s booth announcer

Did he have frizzy home perm?

A good episode tonight.
I think the show is a bit too concentrated in the Sydney area especially with segments like In For a Dollar. Beau Ryan should go to another state (e.g. SA or WA) during the week to film In For a Dollar.

1 Like

Yep, that’s been my thoughts with it too, I know they’ve done the couch in Melbourne but they do need to make it feel a bit more national. Didn’t like Justin on I’m A Celebrity and still didn’t really like him on this but thankfully he wasn’t on so much.

This makes Operas giveaways lame! The whole show was almost giveaways!!

1 Like

Looks like the Chris v Julia segment has been scrapped.

Yes…like Omaha or Nebraska. Preferably without a camera. And never to return to Australia :rofl:

I finally watched a bit of an episode and it seemed very infomercial - everything was sponsored by something and it just seamed too much.

Even “the happiest minute” was undercut by the sponsorship for the cruise company.

I know every show on the commercial networks have some degree of product placement but this was just too much.

I’m guessing this is a key reason as to why the show hasn’t been given the axe yet.
Then again Ten has done this with any of it’s previous attempts at variety in the last decade and a bit (remember those Panel christmas / end of year specials that they were forced to fill with advertorials?)

Angie & Yvie featured on this Sunday’s program.

1 Like

Julia also claimed media reports that she and her husband leased a new property in Sydney were false.

The TV Tonight article doesn’t state that and neither does the News and 9Honey stories. It is clear it is a lease, which is why she is upset about the articles.

Thanks for the clarification.

A great TV Tonight piece from David and I think Julia sums things up perfectly with this quote:

“They feel like they are doing something worthwhile and different. Different can be niche or take a while to grow, but 10 have a history of putting their back into shows to let them grow, and when they do the rewards are strong.

4 Likes

So it’s back to 7:30pm again?

Correct.

Marcia Hines is tonight’s guest announcer according to EPG.