Changing Rooms

Sounds like AGT, Seachange and DWTS might suffer the same fate.

Or maybe they should do another series with Grant Denyer as the host. Now that would be a ratings winner :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Geez what happens if all the new stuff this year rates like this …

This isn’t anything new since Nine had it before.

1 Like

Changing Rooms was set down for a 24th February on TVNZ2, running in primetime on Sundays and Mondays. Wonder if TVNZ might get cold feet after these ratings?

2 Likes

I didnt mind it. It definitely reminded me of the old series but seems now audiences want fake drama to go along with it. I find it hard to believe also they found friends or people who owned their own house and knew each other that well living next door to each other to do the renovations in the first place. Everyone is renting now or competing to buy a single house.

People want to see bitchiness in shows now or conflict , personally I can’t stand show with that in it .

2 Likes

Everyone? Don’t think so.

1 Like

Agreed. The networks have sorta ingrained that kind of thing in the past decade, as if it is normal. Now it has become expected. Attention spans also much shorter.

The laundry reveal is going to be terrible.

“No more green, I dont want vintage”. Green and vintage it is!

Awful, awful design. Chandelier in a laundry. Wtf.

The contestants need to have more of a say in the design on this show - the green in both houses looks awful.

1 Like

I wanted to like it but I just found myself distracted throughout most of it, definitely too long I think. An hour tops should be enough to keep it going quickly and then next week all new couples. Not a fan of the way all the shows have been extending this year.

I think this show would’ve done better had it been a fast-paced, 30 minute show and had a decent lead-in and lead-out.

Ideally, this show should’ve been proceeded by something of a similar appeal like Come Dine with Me at 7:30 and then an Australian Drama for 8:30 with Changing Rooms sandwiched in between.

Just catching up with tonight’s episode. Oh god, they have added MAFS elements into it like the dinner table setting for drama.

So what went so wrong with Changing Rooms? Was it the fact 10’s audience just doesn’t like renovation? Too many shows in that genre? The advertisment of the show? Or was the show just really not that good?

I had hopes for the show to do OK. I thought it was a clever move. But I did think the promotion was lacking. 10 didn’t really advertise the show until a few weeks before it went to air. Possibly they could have set something up like they did for Celebrity (ice cream) across major cities.

1 Like

Changing Rooms moves to Friday at 7.30pm

2 Likes

Should have been Friday nights from the start to keep the timeslot warm for The Living Room.

2 Likes

It was a completely forgotten about show that nobody wanted back. I don’t think I saw a single post here saying it should be rebooted before it was announced.

4 Likes

Also at Saturday 7.30pm from February 23.

They should have moved Changing Rooms to Thursdays and Fridays, Show me the Movie Wednesdays. Bondi Rescue won’t rate.

I just think anything going up against MAFS, especially new shows are going to be slaughtered.

3 Likes

Completely agree, MAFS and MKR have the viewing population really tied up, and MAFS is getting extraordinary ratings. Ten is going to burn all their new content in a time slot that just doesn’t have enough viewers to go around.

1 Like