Celebrity Name Game

This is the third.

Still, too much.

Wish they could get someone else other than the usual Bondi Vet, Cupid’s matchmaker and Grant ‘Ellen’ Denyer.

I liked this show (American version) when it was on Foxtel… but I’ve been completely put off if it’s Grant hosting. It is seriously getting ridiculous. How about someone like Tommy Little? Even Scott Tweedie from The Loop? Give upcoming stars a go.

5 Likes

Nothing against Grant I actually really liked him as host of Family Feud and I think he will be decent for DWTS but given he has Game if Games and now Celebrity Name Game I just think it is too much.

TEN have so much talent that could be hosting these programs but they just don’t use them enough. Get someone like Tommy Little or Ed Cavalee who still have a profile but aren’t used to the extent someone like Denyer is!

1 Like

Does anyone have a rough idea as to what time this might air? Sounds like something they will air on Sundays.

Also agree with the sentiment of ‘ugh’ at Denyer hosting yet another show.

I agree, I think a comedian would have been a much better choice.

3 Likes

On The Sunday Project tonight Tommy Little and Lucy Durack talked about recently filming a new game show and Grant Denyer was involved. Must have been talking about Celebrity Name Game.

Another casting call aired tonight, it featured footage from the show which had Gina Liano in it. Interesting move for them to be filming more episodes

1 Like

With Dancing With The Stars set to finish roughly around 23rd and Sunday Takeaway the following week. I am wondering whether this will either go in an 8:30 slot or a 7:30 Tuesday slot. Bachelor in Paradise is likely to start at the end of March considering Changing Rooms is only a 6 week run.

3 Likes

Yes very excited to see Gina Liano on this!!! :slight_smile:

It truely is becoming a bit ridiculous the amount of shows Grant Denyer is/has hosted. It’s not as though all of his shows are a raging success that he is a ratings drawcard himself.

3 Likes

Gold Logie winner in 2018 for Most Popular Personality on television.

2 Likes

He’s done five shows in five years since arriving at 10, I don’t think it’s as ridiculous as many people make it out to be.

2014: Family Feud
2015: Family Feud, The Great Australian Spelling Bee
2016: Family Feud/All Star Family Feud, The Great Australian Spelling Bee
2017: Family Feud/All Star Family Feud
2018: Family Feud/All Star Family Feud, Game of Games
2019: Dancing with the Stars, Celebrity Name Game

Apparently some people like him although it’s not as if 10 have many other options in the closet (other than the equally over-exposed Amanda Keller, Julia Morris, Dr. Chris Brown, Osher Gunsberg and Peter Helliar).

They could always use someone less exposed (and arguably more talented) like Mark Humphries though.

2 Likes

Don’t know if I agree with that. Ten could easily try Ed Kavalee, tommy little, Sam pang…OT heaven forbid, a woman!!! Anne Edmonds, Celia pacoula, Urzila Carlson???

4 Likes

Oh no women don’t belong in a hosting role :roll_eyes:

I’d actually see if one of the Kate’s wanted to host personally.

1 Like

Concept: Lee Lin Chin hosting.

3 Likes

Logies do not equate to ratings. Majority of his shows have not been ratings hits.

Look at how many Logies Ch7 has won in the past few years compared to 9 & 10 even though they are the number one network.

The Logies are irrelevant nothing awards and anyone who sees them as anything else should educate themselves.

2 Likes