Celebrity Name Game

Wasn’t it on Tuesdays at 8pm? Unless they tried it at 6pm as well.

I’m pretty sure E! News was a 7pm show.

I seem to recall it was 8:00pm once a week.

1 Like

E! News was definitely at 6pm at one point.

Wednesday 8:00pm. NLA Trove October 1999:

It premiered Tuesday nights at 8pm with Donna Gubbay, a former Sale Of The Century gift shop model and Channel V VJ, and Nick Bennett but was moved within a couple of months to 8pm Wednesdays. There were rumours that Gubbay would be replaced by Charlotte Dawson during the first months but Dawson ended up joining the show as fashion reporter. The show underwent an overhaul mid year. Nick Bennett didn’t survive the revamp.

1 Like

Look at that TV schedule. That is such a blast from the past and better than what we have today.

3 Likes

A cryptic message from CNG’s Facebook page? Axed?

3 Likes

Hopefully!

3 Likes

I think it’s safe to say extended news at 6pm is here to stay.

3 Likes

Looks like the fate of the show has been sealed according to Herald Sun’s Colin Vickery:

Ten says it hasn’t made a firm decision but quiz shows aren’t working at 6pm. Pointless also flopped.

“It has been very challenging … we haven’t seen the (ratings) growth we want to see,” (10’s chief program officer Beverley) McGarvey said.

“We feel like there is a real appetite for news at the moment. We did it (extended bulletin) as a trial and it is going really well.

“If this is something we can make work for our audience then of course we would consider it for the long term.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/channel-10s-the-project-set-for-a-reshuffle/news-story/450b8a30a62fbbd156767c3cfa50b8f5

1 Like

If they make the change, then maybe they can play put the leftover eps Celebrity Name Game on Saturday nights at 6pm-7.30pm.

1 Like

I feel bad for the winners who yet dont get their money because ten hasnt aired the eps

I believe they dont get paid unless the episodes air if I am correct

That had been the policy in the past, it’s a term and condition in the contract. But apparently some game shows recently have gone against that and have paid winners even when episodes didn’t screen.

I feel that this is the best suited timeslot for a gameshow and Celeb Name Game (or a gameshow of any sort) might actually do OK here.

3 Likes

In other words, the show has been axed.

Good idea though. Grant Denyer and the stupid antics he was up to (dancing, that namaste crap and the thunder and lightning rubbish) was unbearable and the format is repetitive. Rove demonstrated how much better he was at hosting but the show itself wasn’t fantastic so it’s best to get rid of it sooner than later.

1 Like

Does it means there are no new episodes left? I notice 10Bold is still showing repeats at 6pm even though official ratings have begun.

No, they prerecorded about 3 months of episodes including a week of special Neighbours episodes that were supposed to screen in conjunction with the 35th anniversary of Neighbours in March. It’s a big waste if they don’t screen these.

Maybe Ten should try double episodes on a Saturday night. Their schedule is weak on Saturdays.

3 Likes

Couldn’t hurt??