CBS News

Looks like something you would see on community TV

4 Likes

Looks like it’s from Times Square now like the weekday one. No space for a giant studio.

The 1950s called. They want their lounge room back.

1 Like

Horrid.

We’ll see if the whole set comes back soon. Lest COVID put everything in an actual broom cupboard again, they may be able to bring the risers, the glass, and the mounted displays back into the studio.

Studio 45, which had been the home of “Sunday Morning” along with “Inside Edition,” was repurposed in September 2021 for “Inside the NFL” and a variety of Paramount Plus sports programming.

3 Likes

They could do a real nice small set there if they were willing to use some glass and not a horrid colour

1 Like

This is Sunday Morning’s brand. They will never go for a modern look because that’s not their audience / brand and they still remain the highest rated breakfast program in the US so they’re not changing.

1 Like

CBS has relaunched CBSN with its new studio in the previous home of CBS This Morning. They now have 13 local streaming channels. The set looks really nice. It’s the future of news you’d have to say.

6 Likes

It looks so sleek and classy

7 Likes

The studio upgraded was headed by Ross Dagan

Well Ross, you did 10 proud, and you’ve now done CBS proud. What a sleek set.

14 Likes

Looks wonderful.

Deep pockets don’t hinder a good design either.

1 Like

The set design, graphics and music are fabulous - dare I say it, very 10-esque in places. Watching the new CBS News app today and the overall presentation is terrific.

Now for (CBSlogo)10 News :slight_smile: Seriously I do hope one day we get a proper local launch and integration. .

5 Likes

Why do you want 10 News to have a logo of a foreign network?

10 already has a logo. And ViacomCBS owns 10, not CBS

1 Like

Because, for me, CBS News Channel is a major component and selling point of Paramount+ Australia.

I’m more interested in seeing local inserts of 10 content and branding within the existing CBS News channel on Paramount+ in Australia, then a total logo integration. I do think the CBS eye image could still work with 10 News, but I get your point of view too.

Australian’s don’t watch US news channels. Have you seen the ratings for CNN, Fox, BBC, CNBC etc in Australia. They all basically rate a 0 - and those are incredibly well known brands.

CBS News is a non brand in Australia.

People sign up to streaming services for scripted drama, comedy, movies and legacy brands of shows they know. Not American news channels.

I’d be shocked if there were more than a couple dozen people watching CBS News on Paramount + in Australia at any given time.

2 Likes

I think you’re missing my point. I’m not calling for a complete brand overall and CBS takeover of 10 News First on linear.

I am only suggesting that the CBS News live streaming section on Paramount+ includes local AU inserts (with perhaps a CBS Eye 10 logo watermark logo). It would be an interesting area to explore and grow whilst streaming just gets bigger and bigger.

I thought CBS News (CBSN) was already on P+?

It is - just rebranded as CBS News and Stations.

In Australia? (I’m in UK - sorry)