Carols in the Domain

Last time Paulini was on ‘Carols’ she warbled so much at the start of the song that I actually forgot which carol she was trying to sing!

Wasn’t specifically directed at you. It was more of a consensus of how some MS members only complains about Seven (many things I agree with, not everything).

1 Like

Mezzo-soprano Viktoria Bolonina, who competed in live shows of The Voice Australia’s first season in 2012, will make her third appearance on Carols in the Domain next week. She posted on her FB page today:

SUPER EXCITED for next Saturday 22nd of December to be performing at Woolworths Carols in the Domain with the wonderful Young Opera Stars! Tune in to Channel 7 to find me on stage singing carols with some of Australia’s top artists! Ooooh and I just cannot wait for Christmas!
It is definitely the most magic time of the year!!!

Riveting, can’t wait.

1 Like

I also wonder if it’ll be on some sort of delay. About 20 minutes as i figured out in 2015 when i was at the event, At least Candlelight is Live. Once again plenty of shameless plugs for Disney. What the blazers it has to do with Christmas is beyond me.

Sanity has prevailed with it being back on a Saturday night though. This notion of holding it on a Sunday night would attract more families was complete bunkum. It was for TV ratings for Channel 7.

Carols in the Domain.

Saturday 22 December at 8.00pm

Sunrise returns to host Woolworths Carols in the Domain.

Seven’s Samantha Armytage , Natalie Barr and David Koch are honoured to return for their fifth year to host the 2018 Woolworths Carols in the Domain.

The 36th annual event will be held in the iconic Domain in Sydney and broadcast live on Channel Seven at 8.00pm on Saturday 22 December.

The hosts of Australia’s #1 brekky programme will be joined by Carols’ best ever line-up of performers to Jingle Bell Rock and celebrate Australia’s most magical Christmas tradition, with special appearances from the jolly big man himself, Santa Claus , and everyone’s favourite, The Wiggles .

Home and Away star Penny McNamee will take to the stage for her second Carols as a solo performer to sing two of her favourite Christmas classics.

Also confirmed to perform on the 2018 Carols in the Domain stage are:

• SAMANTHA JADE

• TROY CASSAR-DALEY

• Home and Away’s PENNY McNAMEE

• ISAIAH FIREBRACE

• TODD McKENNEY

• PAULINI

• MARK VINCENT

• RACHAEL BECK

• Rock legend ROSS WILSON

• JACK JONES

• THE WIGGLES

• Theatre stars ASHLEIGH RUBENACH and MATT LEE

• The cast of CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY

• THE TAP PACK

• From Muriel’s Wedding, NATALIE ABBOTT and ELIZABETH ESGUERRA

• THIRSTY MERC

• MICKEY MOUSE will make a special appearance along with SANTA CLAUS

• Stars of AUSTRALIAN OPERA

• SYDNEY YOUTH ORCHESTRA

• THE SALVATION ARMY and AUSTRALIAN GIRLS CHOIRS

Be sure to pick up a copy of this week’s New Idea , the official print partner of Carols in the Domain. The issue includes the official event guide featuring a free carols songbook and exclusive interviews with the hosts and performers.

Join us to celebrate Christmas with the 2018 Woolworths Carols in the Domain on Saturday 22 December at 8.00pm on Seven and 7PLUS.

3 Likes

Overall I can’t say there’s any major surprises in that list of performers for this year’s Cross Promotion and Product Placement Carols in the Domain, but here’s a bit of commentary for what it’s worth…

Along with the Adelaide & Sydney Carols events on Seven, I wonder if we’ll see Isaiah perform on Nine’s Carols By Candlelight again this year! :wink:

Presuming that he’s likely to become a judge on Ten’s revival of Dancing With The Stars in 2019, this year could very well be the last time we see Todd perform on Seven’s Carols telecast for a while?

Well, I guess we know who’ll be performing non-Xmas songs this year!

Would it really be Carols In The Domain without these performers?

1 Like
1 Like

Kochie has got a normal suit on this year! Very disappointed, the only reason I tuned in was to see what stupid thing he was wearing!

2 Likes

But he does look better dressed up alongside the others who look classy.

A shame the bloke in the background couldn’t get his jacket on in time. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The rain, feel very sorry for the crowd.

Guess what, Kochie has changed into a poppy patterned suit.

3 Likes

You probably tuned out by this point but unfortunately, Kochie was back with last year’s absolutely dreadful outfit later in the evening.

I know it’s supposed to be Christmas themed, but surely he could wear something tasteful like a normal suit + red & green tie or something? :confused:

2 Likes

Much improved on previous years. Never the same standard as Melbournes carols but I maintain they are very different in style and location anyway.

2 Likes

Just tuned in again with intentions of watching The Latest, MY EYES!! He actually looked quite classy in what he was wearing at the start of the night. I should have kept watching while reading your tweets, some good stuff there tonight.

To be fair, Happy Xmas sounded good lead by Jack Jones, but that may be because I like the original song by John Lennon!

Now onto the final medley of 100 songs mixed together like usual, very high chance it will end with We Wish You A Merry Christmas!

For those watching, how much cross promotion was there?

1 Like

I’m glad you enjoyed my tweets! :slight_smile:

Yep, very predictable as usual.

There was definitely a lot of product placement tonight and some of it was confusing too. Just how did they get away with a performance from Charlie & The Chocolate Factory: The Musical in an event sponsored by Cadbury? Or Coca Cola & KFC sponsoring the same event?

2 Likes

I was on site. There was a slight drizzle for 2 - 3 minutes. Otherwise lovely weather.

Weather has subsequently turned sour however.

They asked for a miracle, and the heavens opened up :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Do they actually wait there during a commercial break or does it go right through and edited live?

They actually wait through.