Carols in the Domain

Didn’t watch even 1 second of it. I just looked at a couple of the screen shots here.

So why whinge about it what jacket a host was wearing and compare it to something that a Nine host wore twenty/thirty years ago? :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

I found it amusing … sort of like the weekly discussion about whether Home & Away or Neighbours is on the cover of TV Week, and if photos from the same shoot were used many issues apart. :smiley:

Like that has anything to do with this conversation. :roll_eyes: That’s right. Attack the person making the comment when you have no legitimate comeback to justify your own comments.

Some criticisms are warranted but do you think nitpicking every aspect of an event that provides contributions to charities is great?

3 Likes

Every? More like one. As I wrote, I didn’t watch it. I commented on two screenshots.

The 2018 event will be held on Saturday night, December 22. The date was revealed on Carols in the Domain FB page this morning.

2 Likes

It’ll be rather interesting to see if Seven moves the broadcast back to Saturdays (as they should because it didn’t feel right on Sunday nights IMO) or if they’ll decide to delay the telecast by one day so it can air on Sunday.

It should be live on Saturday.

2 Likes

Agreed, although has Carols in the Domain ever been truly live to air? I think it’s always been some form of delayed telecast because if it was live, Seven would undoubtedly slap a “LIVE” watermark on the Sydney & Melbourne feeds.

1 Like

And i cant see the crowd staying till 11pm for the end :joy::joy:

1 Like

Indeed.

Knowing that Carols In The Domain is primarily aimed at a “family” audience I’m kind of surprised that Seven hasn’t yet tried to do a live (AEDST) telecast from 7pm. Perfect lead-out from the news and it’s not as if the filler programs that air 1 hour/90 minutes or so before CITD most years is must see content!

1 Like

If only the content of Carols in the Domain (and choice of hosts) are better this year. It always seemed like a 7-nised version of Carols by Candlelight.

1 Like

You could replay last years and knowbody would notice!

1 Like

I don’t know. But from what I could assitain when I went there in 2015 it was on about a 20 minute delay

The first batch of performers for this year’s event has been announced.
(via full page ad in this week’s New Idea) Samantha Jade, Penny McNamee, Isaiah Firebrace
(via Instagram) Jack Jones, Mark Vincent, Matt Lee and The Tap Pack

1 Like

The Tap Dogs are busy that night? :smile:

1 Like

Thirsty Merc will perform at the event for the first time, while Paulini will make her return.

Doesn’t look like Beretts is hosting this year.

4 Likes

Hopefully Kochie will resist wearing an absolutely dreadful outfit like he has the past couple of years! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

While I’m here, is there any truth to the rumours that The Wiggles will again be performing “Go Santa Go” and “Here Come The Reindeer” for the umpteenth year in a row? :laughing:

5 Likes

You could replay last years and knowbody would notice :joy:

2 Likes