Carols By Candlelight

I think that makes the biggest difference.

4 Likes

Would the ratings be the same if it was the other way round? E.g. Candlelight on Seven and Domain on Nine.

Don’t see how ratings would be different much? Christmas Eve, is Christmas Eve.

2 Likes

Carols In The Domain have already announced appearances. Still waiting to hear any for this year’s. Probably the same old shower. Hopefully some fresh faces.

2 Likes

Journalist Allison Langdon joins David Campbell for Carols this year:

https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2019/11/24/another-big-gig-for-allison-langdon-in-the-lead-up-to-today-2020?format=non-amp

3 Likes

I understand the reason why. But I would have given this to someone like Bec Maddern. She’s a big draw card for Melbourne audiences and well know nationally.

1 Like

I think Livinia Nixon would have been a better choice.

4 Likes

Livinia profile isn’t well know nationally.

1 Like

Well she hasn’t done anything nationally since Temptation bit the dust

Screenshot_20191124-203022~2 Screenshot_20191124-203110~2

3 Likes

It’s all about promoting Allison Langdon. As you say, Maddern is popular in Melbourne- she doesn’t need promotion. And let’s face it, Melburnians would tune in if You & I were the hosts & @JBar sang all the carols.

3 Likes

I do have a great voice. I just need to get myself on a reality show or soapie. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Have I the role for you - Alf’s fraternal twin on Home & Away.

:poop:

Let’s be realistic here, as much as it’d be good to have Melbournians hosting a Melbourne Christmas tradition, didn’t Ray Martin (based in Sydney for most of his time as a Nine presenter, except when he had to travel for Carols and Elections) host Carols By Candlelight for around 15-20 years to little or no controversy?

In any case, the main drawcards for most viewers interested in the content seem to be Denis Walter, Marina Prior, David Hobson and Silvie Paladino!

That’s one way to look at it. The other is finding a national face as to have familiarity in other markets or not alienate. Which I think was always the case in the decade or so gone by (a la Karl and Lisa). Carols has always rated big (or at least used to) in Sydney/Nsw too, core market for Nine.

1 Like

Allison Langdon and David Campbell to Host Carols by Candlelight

Allison Langdon will make her Carols by Candlelight debut this Christmas Eve when she joins David Campbell to co-host Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight live from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl.

Together they’ll welcome a star-studded lineup of artists to perform at Australia’s favourite Christmas Eve tradition.

“I’m excited to be joining David as the host of Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight. With two small children, Christmas is a big deal in my house. I have always loved watching the program from my couch at home, and I am thrilled to be able to play a role in one of Australia’s most loved Christmas Eve traditions,” Allison Langdon said.

“I can’t wait to see the great performances and help in raising money for services for children and families who are blind or have low vision.”

David Campbell said: “I love this time of year, and what better way to finish the year than having Allison join in the festivities. Seeing the candles being held up in the air to the kids singing along in the crowd, it is always a wonderful night of Christmas celebrations.”

The hosts will be joined by Carols regulars Anthony Callea, Tim Campbell, Marina Prior, Silvie Paladino, David Hobson and Denis Walter who continue to wow audiences each year with their brilliant talents. Many more exciting performers will be announced in the lead-up to the event.

2019 marks the 82nd year of Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight. And the milestones are continuing as Nine celebrates its 40th year of telecasting this beloved live event, which is in its 60th year of presentation from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl.

3 Likes

More names have been added for this month’s line-up, including first time appearances by country singers Amber Lawrence, Travis Collins and The Voice 2019 winner Diana Rouvas.
Carols perennials Marina Prior, Denis Walter, David Hobson, Silvie Paladino and Anthony Callea are back. X Factor winner Isaiah Firebrace (who last performed in 2017) and Rob Mills, who won The Masked Singer earlier this year, will also return.
There will be a songbook inside this week’s Sunday Herald Sun.

3 Likes

Always a fantastic tradition on Christmas Eve every year

2 Likes

Stage performer Simon Gleeson returns this year after performing in 2018, this time to be joined by wife and colleague Natalie O’Donnell (Mamma Mia). They had a chat with fellow performer Denis Walter on 3AW just after the 1pm news today.

Also joining the line-up this year are Bonnie Anderson, the cast of Chicago the musical, Jack Vidgen, Christie Whelan Browne, Bobby Fox, ARIA award-winning blues rock band The Teskey Brothers, and Dr Danni Dusek from Bondi Vet: Coast to Coast. Fox, Dusek and The Teskey Brothers will be making their debut at the event.

The complete line-up:

2 Likes