Carols By Candlelight

Dami Im will return to perform at this month’s Carols by Candlelight according to today’s Herald Sun. She last appeared in 2016 (see the very first post of this thread).

There is a special 24-page magazine about this year’s event inside today’s Sunday Herald Sun.
EDIT: the magazine is now available at Vision Australia’s Carols website (click here)
A new addition to Carols by Candlelight this year is the two-day Christmas Festival at Kings Domain near Sidney Myer Music Bowl on December 23 and 24. It includes a Lego Classic Area for kids, a Smooth FM massage zone, Villa Maria wine garden, food trucks and Western Bulldogs interactive games. More details can be found here

1 Like

Casey Donovan and the cast of School of Rock are the latest additions to this year’s line-up. It will be the largest ensemble cast to perform at the event, with 53 performers from the musical on stage, according to today’s Herald Sun.

Why do I get the feeling this will end up being similar to that Greatest Showman segment from last year which was panned by many?

Lucky the show looks the same every year - makes promos easy to make.

4 Likes

They should just replay last year’s show. Nobody would be able to tell. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Much like NYE fireworks.

2 Likes

Especially since Marina’s stopped having kids (it seemed for a while every second year she was pregnant last decade)…

I was there that night. still have that edition on my DVR. To befair he’s a good singer.

Next week’s Carols will be the last time Peter Casey directs the National Boys Choir at the event after more than 30 years. Casey will also step down as the choir’s director, ending a 51-year association, to care for wife Kathleen as she battles the incurable and degenerative brain condition Huntington’s disease.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/outer-east/christmas-2018-peter-casey-prepares-for-final-carols-by-candlelight/news-story/618dcbe188d6fcb4a2cb8557bb9b7572

1 Like

CAROLS BY CANDLELIGHT

MONDAY, DECEMBER 24, LIVE FROM 8.00PM ON NINE

AFTER DAVID CAMPBELL’S BABY IT’S CHRISTMAS AT 7.30PM

Australia’s favourite holiday tradition returns on Christmas Eve as Nine presents the 81st Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight on Monday, December 24, at 8.00pm.

David Campbell and Sonia Kruger will join forces to co-host live from the Sidney Myer Music Bowl and introduce some of the biggest musical talents in the country, including:

· Singing sensation Dami Im
· Vocal powerhouse Casey Donovan
· Multi-award-winning country star Adam Harvey
· The cast of the hit musical School of Rock
· From the musical Evita, Tony Award winner Paulo Szot, Kurt Kansley and Michael Falzon
· Jersey Boys, putting their own stamp on a Christmas classic
· Show-stopping performances from Tim Campbell and Anthony Callea
· Two of the biggest stars from stage and screen, Lucy Durack and Christie Whelan-Browne
· Rob Mills lighting up the Music Bowl
· The Voice 2018 finalist Aydan Calafiore
· TV and pop star Bonnie Anderson and Top Ten recording artist Nathaniel
· Beau Woodbridge, son of Australian tennis great Todd Woodbridge, performing
· Carols perennials Marina Prior, Denis Walter, David Hobson and Silvie Paladino, without whom Christmas Eve wouldn’t be the same
· A special visit from the big man himself, direct from the North Pole

All under the baton of music maestro John Foreman AM, assisted by Vision Australia’s Carols by Candlelight choirmaster Doug Heywood OAM.

Plus, performances from the Australian Girls Choir and the National Boys Choir under the artistic direction of Peter Casey, who is celebrating 51 years with this wonderful event.

Carols by Candlelight presented by Priceline Pharmacy is Vision Australia’s largest annual fundraiser, with 100 per cent of profits from ticket sales and donations going towards services for children who are blind or have low vision. This year their Carols by Candlelight Matching Appeal aims to make Christmas four times brighter by having all donations quadrupled in a 24-hour period over Christmas.

Baby It’s Christmas

Prior to Carols by Candlelight, viewers will be treated to a screening of Baby It’s Christmas, a Christmas Eve singalong special with David Campbell at 7.30pm on Nine and 9Now. The family affair will see special guests Jimmy Barnes, Diesel and Mahalia Barnes performing with David, along with Rick Price – who wrote the title track for the album of the same name – and The Kingdom Choir, who won global fame after performing at Prince Harry and Meghan’s wedding.

4 Likes

I can’t believe this is the first time in years we won’t have to watch that Shrek stuff before Carol’s!

:scream:

[citation required]

5 Likes

Had the pleasure of seeing Silvie perform at my local Church’s Carols last Sunday :ok_hand:

Looking forward to her as always on Monday.

2 Likes

I agree, wouldn’t be the same. As in, I wouldn’t have to mute my tv whilst Silvie comes on and butchers a couple of carols…

Fremantle appear to be letting Neighbours actress Bonnie Anderson perform on Carols by Candelight.

1 Like

It rated number one for the night with more than 1 million metro audiences. Certainly does better than Seven doesn’t it?

1 Like

The quality of the Melbourne one (Carols by Candlelight) is so much better than Sydney (Carols in the Domain).
Also Christmas Eve is more conducive to a higher audience.

4 Likes

It’s also been running for 70 + years??

1 Like