Carols By Candlelight

I only saw messages for 3AW and Vision Australia Radio in Melbourne. If there was one for Talking Lifestyle it must have been while I was looking away

2 Likes

In the past, the Channel Nine Sydney broadcast of Carols By Candlelight has included tickers promoting the radio simulcasts on 2RPH and 2UE.

But in recent years, I think only 2RPH has received an On-Screen ticker.

3 Likes

I tuned in late but saw them all. Were they also on before Hi5? Do you recall what they sang?

Lucy Durack, Christie Whelan Browne & Ester Hannaford.

All musical theatre chicks so maybe singing in character? Lucy seemed to sing with her Wizard of Oz accent in the Domain too.

3 Likes

Well Done to Melinda Zahra, Kate Halliday and the Whole GTV 9 Team for Putting on Another Carols by Candlelight without Fail.

2 Likes

Seemed to me that there were audio issues with a few performers missing cues (and Hi5 missing talent).

3 Likes

I haven’t seen or heard the new crew. They are that bad?

Worse!

Last year was terrible. This year was very very terrible.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m getting old but the current Hi-5ers look like they’re young enough to be the children of the original cast

4 Likes

They always were really young when they started. You have to remember the original cast were there for about ten years but when they started they would have been very young too.

It started nearly twenty years so technically the current cast member could be a child of an original cast member. Kellie Hoggart is 43, Kathleen de Leon 40, Tim Harding 39, Nathan Foley 38 and Charli Robinson 37. So when they started, the youngest was 17/18.

4 Likes

The first guest performer for this year’s event has been revealed. According to today’s Herald Sun, it is 16-year-old vocalist Beau Woodbridge, eldest son of tennis legend Todd Woodbridge (soon to be part of Nine’s summer of tennis coverage). David Campbell and Sonia Kruger will return as hosts.

3 Likes

That sweet, sweet nepotism

3 Likes

Didn’t Beau do a duet with David Hobson some years back?

Yes, in 2013 according to YouTube. Who was Todd Woodbridge working for then?

2 Likes

Well, there’s another Christmas ruined for many Australians before it’s really begun! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mind you, I’m fully expecting another year of the Sunrise foursome (Kochie, Sam, Nat & Beretts) presenting Carols in the Domain on Seven. What’s with breakfast/mid-morning TV hosts & Christmas carol telecasts anyway?

I can’t remember if he was there in 2013, but wasn’t Todd Woodbridge a presenter at Seven Sport until fairly recently?

1 Like

Of course. Peter Overton and Deborah Knight should be front and centre.

Before anyone says anything, it’s a joke :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

He was part of Seven’s tennis from 2006 to this year. As to the nature of his contract (if any), no idea.

1 Like

I know you’re joking (and realistically, have no chance of co-hosting Melbourne’s Carols by Candlelight) but I actually think Pete & Deb would do an alright job at co-hosting a Carols telecast together.

1 Like

Cross promotion. Obviously.

1 Like

Bring back Ray Martin to host Carols By Candlelight.

2 Likes