Carols By Candlelight

Wonder if Lisa Wilkinson will still be hosting this year now that she’s left 9?

No. Obviously.

4 Likes

Possibly if they’re moving to TEN as well.

She’s joining 10 in 2018, so hopefully she can host one last time hosting this Christmas even if she isn’t employed by 9

She has left Nine, effective immediately.

2 Likes

Don’t you understand how contracts work? She has not even been given a chance to say farewell from Today.

3 Likes

As I said in another thread, Nine will have already changed the locks and taken her picture down from the foyer wall. She will be history to them now.

2 Likes

Rebecca Maddern would be the favourite, unless they want to prop up the new permanent Today host (if already known).

2 Likes

Even if Lisa Wilkinson wasn’t leaving Nine, I probably would’ve suggested that it’s time for some new Carols By Candlelight presenters this year anyway.

Rebecca Maddern would be a very good choice, especially with her ties to Melbourne. But overall, I’m not really phased about who’s going to be presenting a show which is essentially one big ad (not as much as Carols In The Domain on Seven mind you, but still) for Boxing Day Movies and Channel Nine programs coming in the new year.

5 Likes

Shelley Craft and Scott Cam are doing it.

1 Like

Yuck. Can’t stand either one.

4 Likes

:thinking:

Something for the Daily Mail?

1 Like

Rebecca Maddern would be a good choice (given the years of questioning around two Sydney personalities hosting a Melbourne event).

But I’d think Sonia Kruger would be in the box seat, with David Campbell?

1 Like

When I was a child I wondered why Melbourne had a music bowl named after Sydney. It didn’t make any sense.

3 Likes

Obviously never noticed the spellings? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sonia Kruger will replace Lisa Wilkinson as co-host, according to Sunday Herald Sun. Rebecca Maddern will have been a good choice but she is now pregnant and may want to take a break after filming Australian Ninja Warrior season 2.

6 Likes

Did these two get bumped after Cam’s unfortunate bad mouthing of a colleague on The Block?

1 Like

Sonia Kruger presenting Carols By Candlelight? Well I think that’s many people’s Christmases ruined already! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Although it has to be said that Cross Promotion…I mean, Carols in the Domain on Seven (probably) a week earlier won’t be any better.

4 Likes

:rofl:

Oh, yeah. They were worried Scott Cam might call Shelley a bitch on Christmas Eve. :rofl:

3 Likes

to be honest I reckon the hosts are the last thing people tune in to Carols for. As long as there is Denis Walter, Marina Prior and Sylvie Paladino I think all will be well :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes