Capital Radio Network

Perhaps it’s off air instead of out the broadcast chain Is that it?

1 Like

Could be… I think radio stations should pay attention to have reasonable audio quality on the different options a listener can tune into.

1 Like

More likely to be a low bitrate uplink from the studio so that they can fit 2 stations in the ADSL uplink.

Time for a mention @DJPizarro

http://www.newmedia.com.au/index.html

" Daniel Pizarro is the new Producer for 2CC Canberra’s Drive program ‘Canberra Live’. He has previously worked with the Australian Traffic Network, Super Radio Network, North-East Broadcasters, BLU FM & Network Ten . Daniel told Jocks’ Journal: “I’m very excited to be in Canberra as the Federal Election campaign gets underway!”"

Congratulations!

2 Likes

Hahah, i was wondering if anyone would pick up the news. Yes just a few weeks after my Michael Daley video went viral, I’m now at 2CC and I’m loving it.

2 Likes

What’s the link to the video?

1 Like

Would anyone here know what could be on this old looking 2CA tape I found at the green shed?

Thanks,
Appen

3 Likes

2GNs 106.1 relay in Crookwell has good sound quality, much better than what 2LT or Move FM does at Katoomba. In proper stereo of course.

Same goes for Eagle FM on 103.7.

2 Likes

They must have fixed something to ensure FM Stereo on its FM translator, as this wasn’t the case in June last year.

2 Likes

There were a couple of voice tracks that sounded a bit scratchy, but the music did sound good though.

1 Like

Glad they’ve given up on the webstream relay which provided an amusing observation when arriving in Crookwell in 2017.

1 Like

What was that? Buffering? Or dead air?

All of the above plus a the artefact ridden low bit rate sound.

Your post of conditions at Mt Gray is another reminder of the shameless engineering approach at Goulburn Radio. How many ‘replicas’ of Eagle was there again?

1 Like

Only about seven.

1 Like

Found on Discogs:

Tracklist

A1 Bill Haley And His Comets Rock Around The Clock
A2 Rupert Holmes Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
A3 Lloyd Price Personality
A4 Del Shannon Runaway
A5 Tony Christie Happy Birthday Baby
A6 Diana Trask Oh Boy (The Mood I’m In)
A7 Jerry Jeff Walker Mr. Bojangles
A8 Marvin Hamlisch The Entertainer
B1 Julie Covington Don’t Cry For Me Argentina
B2 M (2) Pop Muzik
B3 Dobie Gray Drift Away
B4 Richard Harris MacArthur Park
B5 Rose Royce Car Wash

released on MCA Records.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Discogs invest a quality effort to their recording of history.

3 Likes

Just Wrote a Letter to Capital about an Idea to buy 50% of 1377am from Crocmedia in Melbourne as they bought so many Narrowband Licences for SEN, An Opportunity to see Music back on AM Part Time is a Must.

1 Like

To be delivered straight to their recycling bins no doubt

3 Likes

Viewing this video (view in DX thread if unavailable)

The use of Burgo for voiceover talent, is he used across their network from his sessions at 6IX?