Capital Radio Network

What company is he with because I always like the voiceover for Snow FM/Eagle FM

Heā€™s still on the books at Capital, presenting Saturday mornings on 6iX

1 Like

So heā€™s just working independently with heā€™s voice over work.

He very well could be, but Snow FM/2XL and Eagle FM/2GN are also owned by the Capital Radio Network - along with 6iX Perth.

2 Likes

Indeed, managed by Capital, JV with Janet and family for 6IX, Canberra & Goulburn.

XL/Snow are Kevinā€™s solely.

Then you have the Ballarat AM licence leased to racing with Camplins still a shareholder.

1 Like

Capital is currently looking for a new GM for 3GG, who will also take on the role as Regional Radio Manager for the network, to be based in Warragul. More details here.

2 Likes

Capital is looking for a new GM for 2GN/Eagle FM in Goulburn.

See job ad here.

2 Likes

Doesnā€™t he also program the music for 3GG, considering that it takes the same log as XLFM/2GN? :thinking:

1 Like

Is there anyone in Canberra who would like to drop into the 2CA studios & get me a 2CA t-shirt?

They cost $25 & you can only pay cash at 2CA reception for them, PM me & Iā€™ll give you my details & if you give me your bank details & Iā€™ll transfer the money plus postage to Sydney, unless youā€™re coming to Sydney & deliver it personally, Iā€™ll give you a tour of the Artarmon TV & FM transmission site.

Shame this offer wasnā€™t available about 6 weeks ago when I was in Canberra.

http://www.2ca.com.au/news/hot/9379-get-your-limited-edition-2ca-t-shirt

4 Likes

I live fairly close to Bellenden Street so if you like I can get you one tomorrow and post it to Sydney sometime in the next few days

3 Likes

I just went into 2CA and 2CC and got a T-shirt. The very nice receptionist gave us a tour of the building. Itā€™s a good setup.

8 Likes

That was a bonus then getting a tour.

Tonyā€™s just sent mine up to Sydney too, & said they told him they were selling out fast, either they donā€™t have many to sell, or really do have quite a few listeners?

4 Likes

I had a look around the building last year close to when it first opened, I had a job interview there where the sales manager (or whoever it was that interviewed me) basically ripped me to shreds and spent a long time critiquing why I had a music degree and ā€˜what my plan wasā€™ when I pursued that.

He then went on to condescendingly explain that ā€œI donā€™t really think you understand what this job entailsā€ (the ad was vague anyway) and ended by saying I should probably go back to uni to finish my postgraduate qualification. Really made me question why I was dragged down there for an interview in the first place and left a bad taste in my mouth.

It shattered my self confidence for a while and I was very nervous for the next interview I had.

Thankfully today was a good experience, the receptionist was very nice and we had pleasant chit chat. Donā€™t think Iā€™d ever want to work there though

4 Likes

They still had some of every size left, but maybe less than 20 for some.

I was surprised that they have four studios, one for each of 2CA and 2CC and two spares, plus two smaller news studios and one production studio for commercials and promos.

1 Like

That sounds like they have 7 studios, not 4?

For a small AM radio network in a declining industry it sounds like they have a lot of money for studios and facilities

Yes. I meant four full size on-air studios.

PS. I just looked at the label of the 2CA T-shirt and it is a Gildan made in Nicaragua. From past experience the Gildan sizes are never right and they are guaranteed to shrink. So itā€™s as well I got an XL.

3 Likes

XLFM/3GG are looking for a new Announcer/Music Director: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/jobs/xlfm-961-snowy-mountains-announcer-and-music-director

2 Likes

Is Gazza Warne leaving??

1 Like

Looking at the playlist of both stations through there, it appears that 2CA & 6iX are now back to using their own logs.

3 Likes