Canberra Radio

Although 2CA’s temporary rebrand probably would’ve had more impact a couple of months ago, given that the ACT’s vaccination rates are almost as good (better when it comes to the “both doses” figure) as those in NSW.

1 Like

No I didn’t. The post sounded like a serious station rebrand. Never heard of this kind of thing before, but then I don’t generally listen to radio.

1 Like

there was also a time Triple M was re-branded U2FM to promote a new U2 album. And don’t forget last year Triple M Sydney became “Triple Panther” in the lead up to the NRL Grand Final (in which Penrith lost).

Had Geelong made the AFL Grand Final perhaps K Rock should rename itself “The Cat” to show their support of the Cats (their ACMA callsign is 3CAT).

3 Likes

95.5 The Cat would be a good full time moniker for the station. The K-Rock brand has been trashed beyond recognition anyway; the days of the Rockin’ Roo (borrowed from FM104) are long gone…

5 Likes

Where the music is just purrfect!

2 Likes

Article gone now. Did someone break an embargo? It’s meant to be announced by Holmesy & Jen on Monday.

2 Likes

The Radioinfo article on 2CA’s tempoprary renaming was back this morning.

1 Like

The station will also do an all day countdown of 90 Forever Classic.

7 Likes

Good to see 2CA’s website has finally been given a facelift - matching what sister station 2CC has.

www.2ca.com.au

2 Likes

Any reason why Wilko & Courts could be missing from www.mix106.com.au & also their FB page now has a generic Cover Photo?

2 Likes

The show ended last year.

5 Likes

Really!? They kept that quiet (not in CBR, so wasn’t listening). I didn’t see any articles about it or anything. Why did the show end? Are they both at the station still, or have they gone elsewhere?

3 Likes

It’s Bronte and Wilko this year.

2 Likes

Courts is accompanying her husband on a posting to Norfolk Island for two years.

4 Likes

What does he do?

2 Likes
6 Likes

The comments are interesting on that article. A comment purporting to be from 2CA’s Paul Holmes is replied by supposedly Zak Davies of the ARN/SCA JV.

Would be great to hear an increase in FM news bulletin duration and depth. Especially in Canberra.

2 Likes

Good for Zak. He’s a kiwi, so would be very familiar with how it was done in NZ. And his response to Holmes was completely warranted.

2 Likes

On the same day that the 2nd Canberra radio ratings survey of the year has been released (see thread), Hit 104.7 & Mix 106.3 are looking for a new Content Director.

3 Likes

Interesting! I wonder where Rod Cuddihy is going?

2 Likes