Canberra Radio

Yeah sorry ro repeat myself. I guess now it is using the dab version of local radio it just reinforces my point. Local radio should be standard local radio especially in regional areas.

3 Likes

Braidwood relies on Canberra for some services but people also go to Goulburn and Batemans Bay (Braidwood FM has sponsors from both towns). Thatā€™s three different ABC service areas! Even weather forecast districts are changeable; Braidwood was originally part of the South Coast district but moved into the Southern Tablelands later.

For the record, Braidwood is in the 48 area code for fixed line, which is aligned with Goulburn and the Southern Highlands. Bungendore is in the 62 (Canberra) area code.

5 Likes

They could also retransmit 97.3 FM :slight_smile: . How is the reception there? Those ABC stations transmitters are beasts.

2 Likes

Would be OK on the hill; struggles in town.

3 Likes

Socials have just been updated. This is from Facebookā€¦

10 Likes

Does anyone actually know why the delay?

1 Like

Probably because Hit 104.7 is jointly owned by SCA & ARN.

At least an almost 1 year wait for new branding is better than Mix 106.3 sticking with the old Mix Network logo style 5-6 years after the KIIS-style logo was rolled out to other stations!

8 Likes

Unfortunately, rebranding isnā€™t a cheap exercise, and with it being a j/v between SCA and ARN, Canberra FM likely had to cover all the costs. I would guess, due to reduced revenue as a result of Covid, they either had to wait til the end of FY to see if they had any Promotions and Marketing budget left, or they had to wait to include it under the new FY budget.

4 Likes
4 Likes

A good story. Though Radioinfo is a little slow, as they have been in there for at least eighteen months.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think 2CA/2CC moved into their current facilities around Late 2019 or maybe the start of last year?

2 Likes

Yes, as I visited in Jan 2020 to buy a 2CA T-shirt and it had already been open for a little while.

4 Likes

Man, thatā€™d be an awkward shopping experience

4 Likes

Getting a tour of the building, that was a longer than Jenā€™s quick walk around, made it worth the trip.

I must admit that I was more impressed during my visit to the former 2UE studios near Gore Hill on the Pacific Hwy some years ago. That was before the station was ripped to shreds.

4 Likes

They moved back in July 2019ā€¦bit of a dark day at 2CC

3 Likes

He starts from his new role on Monday 30th August, replacing Jason Costa.

4 Likes
4 Likes

4B-Hyundai
2U-Wii
3JJ

TBH the only decent temporary rebrand is/was 2GayFM.

3 Likes

Edit: Apparently this is not a serious station rebrand, just a temporary thing. I did not understand the context of the above post.

1 Like

You do realise this is a temporary marketing campaign, not a serious rebrand, donā€™t you?
How could it be a waste of time to promote vaccinations in a city that is currently in lockdown

1 Like