Canberra Radio

After the 7:00am news this morning on 2CA the news started again with music playing underneath. It took more than a few seconds for anyone to realise, then Paul Holmes eventually came on and made a joke about it.

Two things: it became clear that the news on 2CA isn’t necessarily live, and that Paul Holmes wasn’t listening to what was being played out.

8 Likes

On most regional stations, especially where the bulletin is going to more than one station, the bulletin will recorded a bit before the hour. I would imagine that 2CA shares 2CC’s bulletin.

I don’t know why it’s so hard to get two stations to time out right on the hour, but that’s how it’s done.

5 Likes

I don’t see why news HAS to be right on the hour.

I think up to 30-60 seconds after is OK, but no later, and definitely no earlier than on the hour.

3 Likes

Who on earth wrote the copy for Mix106.3 on ARN’s corporate website? Just awful! :man_facepalming:

Although, to be fair, you’d be hard pressed to find any references or information about Hit104.7 on SCA’s corporate website.

3 Likes

I don’t think that is too bad…

I was in Canberra at the end of last week, and the music MIX were playing was pretty good.

3 Likes

From Kristen & Nigel’s adventures in life, love & living here in the greatest city in the world, to the news of the moment; you never know what you’re going to get next, but you do know it’ll be everything Canberra.

Anchored by Kristen & Nige for Breakfast, their big prizes and big hearts has made MIX106.3 Canberra’s #1 radio station.

These are both terribly written. Could you imagine something like this for Kyle & Jackie O? Picture a marketing blurb for K&J saying “Kyle & Jacqueline’s adventures in life, love and living here(!?) in the greatest city in the world”? :man_facepalming:t2:

5 Likes

Fucking hell, it’s so shit. Capital city my ass!

6 Likes

From last December:

Just 6 months later, 2CA are looking for a new Program Director:
https://www.radioinfo.com.au/jobs/2ca-forever-classic-program-director

5 Likes

Meanwhile Hit104.7’s logo still hasn’t been updated:

2 Likes

Possibly because they are not wholly owned by SCA? (50% owned by ARN).

1 Like

The logo is apparently being updated in the new financial year. Meanwhile, on the SCA corporate site

5 Likes

That map is a bit out of date now, with Hit Buddha being replaced by Australia Today in Canberra.

2 Likes

I was more thinking of that map still showing Hit in Perth and no Triple M.

4 Likes

New logo for Hit104.7 has (re-)appeared on the Hit website. No changes to socials at this stage.

5 Likes

100.3 Braidwood now relaying 666 Canberra off DAB. Can hear the artefacts when a musical interlude is played. Either that or a heavily compressed webstream.

88.5 Captains Flat is still relaying 666.

6 Likes

Aren’t they meant to be News Radio, not Local Radio?

1 Like

That’s changed in a fortnight. It was a relay of the AM service when I was there 2 weeks ago.

3 Likes

I guess no sport on the weekend then. In my opinion they would be better getting the signal from Bateman’s Bay.

2 Likes

Listed as NewsRadio certainly. They both relayed 103.9 off air for a couple of weeks, before changing the feed to 666. Both transmitters are meant to provide coverage in case of a bushfire or other emergency; ABC Local is the designated emergency broadcaster. Though as Laoma says, it may be better to relay ABC South East, at least in Braidwood.

2 Likes

Though I remember a comment somewhere that locals in that region identified more with Canberra than the South Coast, in terms of business connections, community ties etc, which was why they were taking the CBR feed, but I agree it would have been easier and cheaper to relay 103.5, and they would also get sports coverage as well.

2 Likes