Canberra Radio

Sounds good :slight_smile: . Maybe boring for some.

3 Likes

I wonder if she will reminisce about her (short) time as general manager of Artsound.

3 Likes

But not so stable people. Explains all the people misbehaving in parliament offices :grin:

3 Likes

Very few of our elected representatives actually live in Canberra though :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@dxnerd do you feel yourself as an Canberran given you basically on the border. You are in the Canberra radio license area. :slight_smile: It sort of like Tweed Heads or Albury. Or are you a loyal NSW resident despite all your official media coming out of the ACT. Same question could be asked with the good folk who live in Queanbeyan . Maybe wrong thread for this discussion :slight_smile: .

1 Like

I think Bungendore is actually just inside the 2GN/Eagle (Goulburn RA1) area believe it or not. We are also in the Southern Tablelands weather forecast district. But everyone here listens to the Canberra stations (when not tuned to Billy Bob, of course).

7 Likes

Oh wow! I would not have known that I just made an assumption it was part of Canberra’s radio license area. Below the map proves it is just outside of Canberra.

Just for because I found it. Here is Braidwood’s license area (although it does say draft) . Bungendore is also out of of that license area so is Captains Flat.

2 Likes

Yep that’s our current licence area. Bungendore is within the 2QBN licence area, though that permanent licence has been revoked.

Amusingly, half of Bungendore seems to be in the Canberra licence area but my part (the north side) is in Goulburn.

3 Likes

If you have Google Earth Pro, you can add the licence areas in which you can download from the ACMA website as a kmz file.

With that in mind, here’s the Canberra licence area boundary within Bungendore:

And the Goulburn licence area boundary within Bungendore:

As you can see, pretty much all of Bungendore is within the Goulburn licence area, whilst only the old part of town is within the Canberra licence area.

6 Likes

I wonder if @dxnerd is part of the Canberra side of town or just the “pure” Goulburn side of town. :slight_smile:

In general, I wonder who thinks this up… You would think they would make the whole town either in or out :slightly_smiling_face: .

Thanks as always @TV-Expert for your insightful posts.

3 Likes

Interestingly, according to the Draft LAP/Discussion Paper of the Goulburn LAP from October 1998, it is said that Bungendore was located in no defined commercial radio licence area, and that 2GN (& later Eagle FM) submitted back in 1995 that its licence area should be slightly extended to include Bungendore (it was just outside of its licence area before the LAP was finalised in 1999).

At around the same time, the Draft LAP/Discussion Paper of the Canberra LAP proposed that the Canberra commercial radio licence area were to be extended to include Bungendore before it was finalised.

5 Likes

In an ideal world you’d have FM repeaters for both markets and try to out-do Stanthorpe as the most overserved market in Australia :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I love the Stanthorpe scenario.

5 Likes

Or Lightning Ridge…they’ve got 2VM/Now, Opal FM (community), 2WEB, 2CUZ, 2TAB, ABCRR, ABCRN and ABC Classic. Roughly half the population of Stanthorpe. There’s also an SBS allocation which may or may not be on air.

You could stick a Rebel/Breeze/Flow repeater in Bungendore as well, to cover those new houses at the southern extremity of the town which still isn’t in either Goulburn or Canberra :slight_smile:

6 Likes

True but Stanthorpe has to win in terms of number of commercial stations per capita.

5 Likes

Gloucester isn’t far behind with 4 licensed commercials for 3,000 people.

6 Likes

I have been sent a message about that sham marriage show…

A female on it has said she was telephoned by a female colleague of Bryce Ruthven’s from Radio Canberra.

She told a female on the TV show that Bryce has a girlfriend in Canberra media and told her many of Bryce’s behaviours.

Apparently did not go further into detail.

What a base production with such gossip.

4 Likes
4 Likes

The Classic Breakfast with Holmsey & Jen on 2CA should be renamed The Classic Breakfast with Holmsey _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ & Jen. Jen is a like a third wheel, even there are only two people there. It is still the Paul Holmes show. He announces the songs, introduces the guests, tells the time, and says the news is coming up, with Jen reduced to a role of ‘only speak when you’re spoken to’. It should really be an equal on-air partnership, but instead it’s heavily one-sided.

5 Likes

Because this is how Holmes always behaves.

Only Sean Flannagan stood up to him at Hot Tomato. That ended in a Holmes’ bushfire too.

2 Likes