Canberra Radio

There’s an ad for Special Children’s Christmas Party sponsors running on TV now, but it still has the old Mix logo on it due to when it was created.

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone was warned of this, but Hit 104.7 are currently taking the Hit regional log 24/7 since the past month. I’ve also seen recent incidents where a song is played twice in a row by accident, and yesterday Mix 106.3 did that to TWO songs!

4 Likes

Hit 104.7 has been taking the Hit regional log since at least 2015, back when they were known on-air as just ‘104.7’.

6 Likes

Mix 106.3 are currently promoting their “No Repeat Workday” as being “available on your smart speaker or iHeartRadio”, completely ignoring their main market. Also, the Wilko Show promos should stop mentioning its “new” home.

2 Likes

It’s a Triple M network directive to promote online and streaming listening. Not just to the main station but to the digital suite of stations too. No matter where you live.

6 Likes

Especially with a greater proportion of their potential audience working from home. Radio penetration outside of the car is lower than most would gather

5 Likes

I doubt most people own a radio except for the one in their cars. The only reason I never listen to AM radio is because I don’t own one

3 Likes

This may be true for the youngest generation but probably not for most on the vintage side of 30.

4 Likes

most mid-late 30 year olds I know aren’t big on radios either. purely anecdotal of course

4 Likes
5 Likes

“Greener pastures” is debatable at this point in time.

3 Likes

Despite receiving quite good rain over the past few months, the pastures of the Canberra region are in no way greener than those in most of the Ace markets.

4 Likes

From Radioinfo:

Tim Shaw is making a strong pitch to return to the breakfast slot at 2CC Canberra following the retirement of Alan Jones at the end of the week.

Read more here.

3 Likes

Rather than repeating myself:

4 Likes

But wait, there’s more?

4 Likes

An ad in the Canberra City News.

4 Likes

If it wasn’t for the references to digital listening methods, that ad could pass for the early 90s. Station logo, design, style of ad, even Fordham himself. Dire.

11 Likes

google and alexa

Yep, this has been done by some 80+ year olds.

It looks like it’s from the '90s for sure lol.

When I saw the first one above I thought someone was showing an ad for when he first was on radio or something.

4 Likes

The station promos on 2CA mention Google and Alexa. I’m assuming 2CC runs similar promos, though I don’t listen to the station so I’m not sure.

2 Likes

I didn’t know BOG can make ads for other networks? That’s as appalling as the Laws PowerPoint ads.

And isn’t Google and Alexa a brand so should start with capital letters?

As for the logo, what is the reason for it looking like a tab for an app they don’t use this version on their website.

5 Likes