Canberra Radio

Looks like they’ve been reading my post here! Regional Radio (non-SCA)

:grin:

2 Likes
2 Likes

The Mix 106.3 rebrand has gone in effect it seems from their website. Has also slowed down the harry.radioapi.org log.

1 Like

It’s so weird hearing so many Triple M references on air this morning. This would’ve been the perfect time to relaunch the station as 106.3 Triple M. Instead, we have the bizarre new KIIS/MIX network logo that was launched a few days ago.

7 Likes

Is this with their Summer Breakfast show?

It’s weird they’re not just calling it “Wilko & Courts” and leaving out all branding.

And it’s also weird that their own local market/audience loses out in hearing Triple M and not Mix.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s very odd. Even the music is different (Triple M regional log). They’ve got a couple of different show brands running. They’ve said “The Wilko Show with Courts” and then I’ve heard a few “Wilko and Courts” references.

Plus, they’ve set up a website https://www.wilkoandcourts.com.au/ but if you have a look, there is nowhere to actually choose Mix 106.3’s website, only the Triple M stations around the country (Mix 94.5 in Perth is on there).

They are also using a network number - 13 27 10. Then after 9am, they have their local number - 6242 1063, and then when Kennedy Molloy is on (if it returns today), they’ll use 133353.

7 Likes

ARN & SCA need to actually communicate.

According to the new MIX/ARN branding, their show is now called “Wilko & Courts” and no longer “The Wilko Show with Courts”.

I wonder if this’ll actually do more harm than good to the ARN/SCA venture relationship. One rebrands to KIIS, the other refuses to use the MIX name.

5 Likes

And then neither http://kiis.com.au/ or https://www.triplem.com.au/stations have Mix 106.3 listed. What is this station!?

5 Likes

SCA really don’t care about such things. They’re of the delusion you can sell this to clients of premium programming yet it’s as fragmented as their entire flimsy excuse of eliminating quality, well respected 80 year old brands in place of a struggling metro male rock network that hadn’t been around for half that.

Listen to Mix’s ad log through the day and you won’t find much depth, January is a terrible time to secure ad bookings regionally in a market where people usually get out of.

Of course people like Mike and Mark on here will disagree, they would being on the SCA payroll.

You could imagine that privately, Rod will be biting his tongue about this, hoping that with this buried within the holiday period, that their audience won’t be listening. Yet many more will be within Canberra this January with their summer getaway, Batemans Bay/South Coast out of action with bushfires.

4 Likes

At least Hit104.7 have the 13 10 60 number (in place all the time) and networked generic “Hit” branded content doesn’t sound too much out of place. I get that there is a joint venture in place, but I also know that ARN provide sales and admin, while SCA provide programming content. Surely, due to that reason, they should’ve rebranded 106.3 to Triple M. Bizarre!

6 Likes

Is the Hit summer breakfast show using 13 12 16?

2 Likes

Ha, good point! They probably are! I didn’t listen to them this morning. 104.7 uses 13 10 60 because they had that number in place before SCA bought all the regional stations. The regionals tend to use 13 12 16, so yes, 104.7 likely are using that during the networked breakfast show.

4 Likes

As would hit106.9 Newcastle.

A step backwards having to inform listeners in such a large market of the daggy regional number.

Surely they could just allow these shows to use the 13 10 60 number.

2 Likes

It’s a bit ridiculous that they have so many different phone numbers for different shows on the one station. Triple M is just as bad as Hit.

I thought the idea of having a 13 number was to streamline that.

4 Likes

The regional/metro overlaps cause a problem here since the metro stations are on local programming.
Also, all the regional stations except Canberra and Newcastle are used to having the two numbers.

4 Likes

Why can’t overlapping markets keep 13 12 16 and rollout 13 10 60 nationwide?

1 Like

Some shows are networked only to the regionals, so they would still need to use 13 12 16. It doesn’t really solve anything.

1 Like

Since Mix 106.3 now uses the Triple M regional log, are we sure this is the end of an community-friendly locally-DJ’d station?

2 Likes

They only have a network log for the summer breakfast show. After 9, they switch back to their regular music log. So no, it’s not the end of a community-friendly, locally-DJ’d station.

5 Likes

Has anyone emailed ARN with their thoughts on the muddled branding? I bet they don’t care. Try emailing Duncan Campbell, firstname dot lastname @arn.com.au

6 Likes