Cada (formerly The Edge 96.1)

Just a generic promo. They also promoted it that way when they were The Edge.

2 Likes

Just saw a TVC for what I thought was for iHeart as it featured CADA announcer Flex.

Ends up it was a TVC for Audible.

Why wouldn’t ARN sign their own talent to iHeart instead?

That’s probably the one thing SCA does better.

3 Likes

Cada will broadcast live from Melbourne next Wednesday, November 30, as part of the Victorian Government’s Always Live initiative.

3 Likes

CADA’s Froomes copping it over her efforts hosting the ARIAs last night:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/awards/arias/all-the-2022-aria-award-highlights-as-they-happen/news-story/4c5c03e0a4eefedb271435765a358c44?fbclid=IwAR1K7BZBejTsNafKS0pty7CFyW4XCeuUNvdHoXFMBEL4Mh1YsCkUclrx758&mibextid=Zxz2cZ#law7izxi3amf0f804wd

With comments & feedback like this, just imagine what people must think of her radio show.

3 Likes

Lineup changes at CADA. I wonder who’ll replace Avneesha in the arvos.

5 Likes

Good move - hopefully a sign of phasing the boys out.

2 Likes

She’s not much better.

The only reason CADA is beating Mike E & Emma in breakfast is because of their 96.1FM exposure.

If/when SCA put Mike E & Emma on FM (and not just late Fridays), that is when you’ll see a shift in figures.

After all this time, I still don’t feel CADA has improved. They’re clearly just a commercial version of FBi 94.5FM.

3 Likes

So, a quick review of CADA now that it’s been a few months for them to settle into their brand.

The Pros:

• They seem to have settled down with the over use of IDs and imaging, they usually go with 2-3 songs then an a quick stab or promo.
  • The presenting style has become a lot better and sounds less community radio.

The Cons:

• The need more programing at night, except for Footwerk on Friday nights they don’t have any other programing after 8pm.
  • (A pet peeve) But a lot of the mixes they play are in Mono.
  • They are missing a good Hip-Hop mix show on Saturday nights, I know they have Footwerk on Friday nights but this is more Latin music, reggaeton and afro beats, and does not feature the more mainstream styles.

Overall I believe if they are wanting to match triple j in style then they should expand a bit and become more a general youth station then a strictly Hip-Hop station.

5 Likes

Could this mean we may see Starter Hip-Hop? :rofl:

2 Likes

Haha, I was going to do Starter Jamz a while ago but never finished the idea. Maybe later when I have time.

3 Likes
2 Likes

A shame they can’t even do the show live from the event, rather to play it back the following WEEK.

4 Likes

Bit of history creeps through every now and then, forever The EDGE 96one </3 :skull:

7 Likes
2 Likes

Is CADA still going?

Might be time to return to The Edge, or try something entirely new.

3 Likes

That article told us nothing - other than half the content team is missing & not mentioned.

Does this mean those whom are not mentioned have been sacked?

… or even better … lure back Mike E & Emma seeing as SCA aren’t really utilising them.

2 Likes

(double post I know)

Content Team Cuts at CADA - RadioInfo Australia

Yet another poorly written article.

Who has gotten the axe?

Or is this simply playing catch-up from when Avneesha joined Kian & Yaz at breakfast?

2 Likes

Yeah. I gave up reading that. I couldn’t figure out what has changed from that.

2 Likes

I think we can finally figure out who got the axe at CADA.

Their Saturday programming is now blank - no more Sleep In (or whatever it was called) co-hosted by Marty Smiley.

It looks like it is just automated music all weekend.

3 Likes

When are they going to pull the pin on this failed experiment?

4 Likes