Broadcast Facilities

For such a tiny space they made that work so well and it looked pretty decent.

It’s a shame they’ve ever moved presentation from Adelaide. It is now their worst performing bulletin and they will never ever recover if they continue with this mess they currently dish up.

10 either go fully national with increased hours of bulletins across the day or just go back and reinstate locally presented bulletins.

5 Likes
1 Like

Reminds me how much of a wanker that guy was.

1 Like

Full working studios but Producers and Pilots are controlling it from Sydney.

Studios (outside Macquarie Park And Surry Hills) are interchangeable for Sky News and Fox Sports News. Even Darwin can do Fox Sports News bulletins live.

Shots need to be changed for guests etc which is done remotely.

2 Likes
2 Likes

From Peter Doherty - Seven Brisbane tower before decapitation and Nine in background.

9 Likes

Does anyone know what the layouts of the Brisbane stations are? Presumably most of the rooms are empty/disused these days.

2 Likes

I guess the in-house cafeteria’s got the chop years ago due to the reduced staff numbers?

You would also expect most staffers would have some office space available for them now too. Its 30 years since I set foot inside BTQ so it would be very interesting to walk around and see what’s still left. I did read 7’s national archives are at BTQ now due to the space available.

7 Likes

i’m not sure given what else is available on the mountain - pretty much only the lookout and that’s it

i wouldn’t be suprised if the cafes are still there

1 Like

We got to see the old studio 1 a couple of years ago

)

5 Likes

I remember seeing a FB live walk through of QTQ’s studio 2 a few years ago with Darren Curtis. I think it was when the new set was being installed in the usual studio and the old set was being relocated. Don’t know if there is any copy of that floating around somewhere.

1 Like

Cafe’s are still at all three

4 Likes

I’m kinda surprised there isn’t a Brisbane City public bus that does the entire Sir Samuel Griffith Drive loop (past the tv stations). Surely not everyone who works at the stations has access to a car. Perhaps the tv networks themselves don’t want to make it too public accessible.

3 employers of moderate size and zero residential housing would not be enough to justify a public bus route. I highly doubt there’s any conspiracy to keep the general public away.

2 Likes

Yes but thousands of bushwalkers, hikers, cyclists and picnickers to Brisbane Forest Park each year. I guess there’s a multitude of other ways to access it.

1 Like

From The Age Thursday 1 June 1961, a model of the new GLV10 studio facility at Traralgon. Did this building ever get built? I know GLV were in a smallish building which is now a Masonic Hall and I do recall seeing illustrations of this building in TV Week. Anyone know any more?

3 Likes

Is this the one?
Facebook

3 Likes
3 Likes

That is the biggest drawback with working in commercial TV in Brisbane - you need to own a car. When random breath testing came into existence in the mid-80’s, it was easy to see who of the TV people had been busted - they had to ride a pushbike to/from work up and down the mountain. A hard way to get fit.

3 Likes

GLV definitely had a studio on that site next to the Traralgon Golf Course on Coonoc Rd. Not sure if it was ever built to that extent though.

This video might help:

3TR were located on the same site too. The original GLV buildings are now gone but Ace Radio are still there but in a new rebuilt facility behind the car dealerships on the Princes Highway there.

Edit: Google Street View archive from 2008 reveals the original building I’m thinking of on this site:

5 Likes