Brands, Products and Promotions

I’ve seen in them in the supermarkets for a while. Maybe two years. I didn’t realise they were made in the USA though. :open_mouth:

I always thought there was a big marketing opportunity that was wasted with these things. They should have made a cartoon for television using those Yowie characters. Could have been a chance for some big bucks in movies, toys and other merchandise.

Bit sad that this was a prominent story on the two top rated “news” bulletins in Brisbane tonight.

1 Like

Even sadder that the piece from Seven (with Jessica Ridley being a Sydney-based reporter) most likely aired in all markets!

Didn’t see the Nine piece in Sydney though, which makes me wonder if it was another “brilliant” local content decision for QTQ made by Amanda Patterson and/or her advisories…

2 Likes

Probably paid for just like the Murdoch front pages today…

2 Likes

Carlton and United Breweries, which makes Victoria Bitter, Carlton Draught, Foster’s etc. has a third foreign owner, after Anheuser-Busch InBev sold the company to Japan’s Asahi Breweries. CUB initially sold itself to SAB Miller in 2011, before the latter was acquired by AB InBev with 2016. Asahi currently owns Schweppes Australia as well as European alchohol brands Peroni, Grolsch and Pilsner Urquell.

1 Like

Picnic Dark Choc Feast

I’ve seen crispy honeycomb m&ms and vanilla maltesers in Coles this week.

Why would anyone trust them - it’s like the choc-orange Twirl, great, but then disappears!

Should boycott new things until this stops.

On an unrelated note, I like the Wagon Wheel chocolate bars. There’s really not enough marshmallow on the shelves. My local Coles does at least stock ‘Buzz’ bars, in the international section because they are NZ specific, despite being made in Australia. They’re nice, they should sell them here properly instead of another 20 different Cadbury block variants.

Yes, the International section has a few Australian made products which is weird. They sell these Greek style biscuits “Biscota” which are made in Australia.

Kirks Tonic Water 1.25l has been withdrawn from shelves due to incorrect labelling.

All stock has been affected so a mistake in the new packaging must have only just been found, even though the new packaging has been out for several months now.

1 Like

What’s the mistake?

It is actually drinkable.

Maybe they spelt it as Kirk’s Toxic Water by accident?

2 Likes

just add gin

Anyone remember these? I remember watching sitting with my family watching Today Tonight, watching a typical report with people going ‘oh no the children will become ADDICTED to these caffeine bars!’…and they disappeared from the shelves overnight.

They stuck around for at least a few years. IIRC the chocolate milk variant of the chocolate bar lasted longer than the chocolate bar itself (I recall buying one as late as 2007!)

I spotted Creaming Soda Pepsi Max in Coles today.

2 Likes

Just in time for the first Ashes test.

A brand that becomes less and less relevant year by year regardless of the marketing stunts pulled.

1 Like