Brands, Products and Promotions

The Waikato is prime dairy country.

Every state in Australia has prime dairy country.

Iced confectionery isn’t unique to Australia and given we share our food standards with New Zealand I bet it’s a thing there.

Dunno what it is with the chip on the shoulder tonight, but have a warm Milo and hit the sack.

5 Likes

More new chocolate blocks on the market:

image image

1 Like

I was under the impression that both Australia and New Zealand produced some of the best quality food/drink products in the world.

Sure, both countries might have some unique products or slightly different versions of the same thing for local tastes. But on the whole, the differences between Aussie & Kiwi food would surely be subtle at best?

We do, both foot and mouth free, but NZ has had some mad cow disease scares. There’s also a loophole with NZ food labelling where manufacturers can just say made or packaged in NZ from imported ingredients without disclosing the originating country.

1 Like

The milk Malteser one is terrible. Tastes pretty much like the m&m blocks.

Brands changing hands include South Cape, Tasmanian Heritage, Mersey Valley and King Island Dairy.

It’s disappointing that these brands go to another foreign-owned company rather than an Aussie business like Bega Cheese.

When the then National Foods bought King Island Dairy there were fears that the company would move cheese production off the island and widen the brand. That never happened of course, so King Island Dairy cheese is still sold at a premium price. If it ever does move I would never buy it again.

Kraft’s copycat packaging ruled misleading or deceptive.

7 Likes

The three words that sunk Kraft:
Kraft said it had been “Loved since 1935”. The judge begged to differ.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/the-three-words-that-came-back-to-haunt-kraft-in-its-peanut-butter-battle-with-bega/news-story/61399ed55ca07ca04f012ef2deed051e

3 Likes
2 Likes

Scotch Finger, Vovo, Wagon Wheels I can get behind. Maybe the Ginger Nut. But the Jatz? I don’t think so sunshine!

Yep, really needed to be Savoy.

3 Likes

Jatz and Savoy goes well with savory stuff - cheese and cabanossi. Not chocolate.

2 Likes

Coming soon, cheese and cabanossi chocolate. :crazy_face:

At be surprisingly good. I think these are still around, I don’tind them, not sure if I’m game enough to try a whole block though.

I can tell you where you can stick that idea. :joy::joy::joy:

I’ve only tried the Jatz block so far - the Coles I went to had literally one block of Jatz on the shelf, no other flavours. and no displays elsewhere in store. I thought it needed more salt.

I also tried the Ruby Kit Kat over the weekend. Tasted pretty good.

Nope.

Bugger, I quite enjoyed the salty ones. I’ll try the Jatz. Are they they broken up pieces in the block?