Brands, Products and Promotions

I noticed that the Arnotts branded ice creams (Mint Slice, Monte Carlo, etc) are already on their way out this week, so I have to wonder if these chocolate blocks will suffer the same fate 6 months or so down the road.

Not that those ice cream cookies are a big loss, the texture of the biscuit is horrendous (super mushy).

I believe Dairy Farmers is also doing limited edition Mint Slice/Iced Vovo edition flavoured milk (or at least did recently), not sure how long thatā€™s on-sale for.

Only been out for over a month already. :wink:

Yeah, they were goodā€¦

The Jatz one is broken up pieces, yeah. The Dairy Milk Sā€™mores block isnā€™t bad either, if you like biscuit in your chocolate.

1 Like

Two new Cadbury flavours in supermarkets this week:

Creamy Hazelnut Crunch & Crispy Mint Creme

The mint one sounds divine! Can never have too much mint.

1 Like

Noticed the Cadbury dark milk blocks getting cleared out of Coles a couple weeks ago to make way for these additional dairy milk varieties.

Thereā€™s a popcorn one too.

Woolworths and Coles are no longer selling the 50g Cadbury Snack bars in my area. Those were my go to treat of the week when I do my shopping. I never buy the larger blocks because I end up eating the whole thing in one sitting. Theyā€™ve been replaced by new varieties. Theyā€™ve dispensed with those smaller bars in the past and brought them back. Hopefully that happens again.

Hope so! Snack bars are my guilty pleasure and a slice of Melbourneā€™s confectionery history.

2 Likes

Good to hear itā€™s not just me who canā€™t resist eating a whole block in one sitting. I got a 545g (ish) bag of Cadbury Easter eggs on clearance for $4 today. Resisting the urge to plough through the lot.

Iā€™m a shocker for it. My wife often asks if I have any requests while sheā€™s doing the shopping, if Iā€™m lucky I get a blockā€¦ I tell myself everytime that I need to make it last but it never does.

Eating some now. Itā€™s basically a cross between your normal mint dairy milk and a peppermint crisp :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

UK real estate company Purplebricks announced late Tuesday it would close its Australian operations.

Purplebricks is the current jersey sponsor of NRLā€™s Melbourne Storm, and was a sponsor of the sixth season of House Rules, in which agents provided valuations of each teamā€™s house before and after interior renovation.

I saw television advertisements from Purple Bricks as late as last week. The good thing is is that they are shutting down in an orderly manner.

This wonā€™t be the last of the trademark disputes with Deckers. But all these disputes would not have happened at all, had Brian Smith (an Aussie) not sold his ugg boot business and the trademark to the US company in 1995 for US $14.6 million. I think an Aussie private capital venture should make a hostile takeover of Deckers, in order to return the Ugg trademark to Aussie hands.

According to Bloomberg, Deckers Outdoor Corporation has a market capitalisation of US$4.26 billion. Total revenue this financial year is expected to be about US$2 billion. While Ugg is their biggest brand they also make sandals, sneakers and casual shoes. It would take a company with deep pockets to be able to pay the premium needed to engineer a takeover I think.

2 Likes

Itā€™s fairly open-shut though - everyone knows that a US company does own the trademark, especially someone trying to sell them.

Even if you think it should be an Australian owned or generic term, it isnā€™t, and the people who sold them using that brand knew that.

3 Likes

In the US the Kraft Heinz merger has been somewhat of a disaster.